Quote Originally Posted by benross View Post
Johnny B, I'll concur with you; there was a Sunday afternoon show, and I saw it.

That day, Diana seemed to have a cold and runny nose and was not as engaged or engaging as usual. There were more young children running up and down the aisle. Too, the sound system may have been amped up too much; I recall having a very bad headache during and after the show.

Radio City's famous gold curtain was mainly closed, with just a small arc, slightly to the left of stage center, open to reveal Diana at or near the end of the show. I think she wore a gown with a strapless top, maybe in blue, and a full skirt of white. She stood absolutely still as she sang Forever Young and as always sang the wrong lyric [["the highest road") but was mesmerizing in part because the lower part of the skirt was lit to look like a rainbow.

The show did seem too short, but truly, I did not mind because the experience was disappointing due to the noise, the kids and Diana's disengagement. And for me, nothing afterward measured up to her 1970 initial solo tour or her 1976/1977 "evening with..." program. Each of those was so perfect, and the later shows from the 1980s and 1990s were less than perfect in so many ways.
Does not sound like it was a very enjoyable or entertaining evening Ben.
Regarding Diana's 80’s and 90’s concerts, what do you find less perfect when compared to her 70’s performances?.