[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Thinks The World Of You...

You must know that Diana Ross thinks the world of you! Why else would she have performed the 15 songs shown below with the word “world” in the title?

A World Without Love
    Around The World In 80 Days
    Dark Side Of The World
    He Means The World To Me
    I’m In The World
    If I Ruled The World
    Joy To The World
    Love Makes The World Go Round [[very brief snippet from a Dean Martin Show medley)
    My World Is Empty Without You
    Top Of The World
    We Are The Children Of The World
    We Are The World
    What A Wonderful World
    What The World Needs Now
    [[What A) Wonderful World

Why else would she have performed an additional 114 songs, if my count is correct – from A Brand New Day [[Everybody Rejoice) to Young Mothers – with the word “world” appearing once or several times in the lyrics?

Still, why, in three other tunes, medleys, actually, did her duet partners [[Sammy Davis, Jr., Bob Hope and a Tenor) sang the word “world” while she stood by, and why on the first two of those three occasions, did she not sing any part of the particular “world” song fragment incorporated into the medley?

Too, why did she not include the word “world” in either her recording of a standard that includes the word in its introduction [[which she did not perform) or in the first verse of another standard, a bit of which was worked into a medley she and the Supremes assayed in their initial Copa outing? To be fair, in the latter instance, only Mary and Florence sang that interlude, and perhaps they didn’t think the world of you then [[if you were even born way back then).

But given the 129 possibilities, and because she thinks the world of you, which of Diana’s “world” songs are your absolute favorites?

The 15 songs with “world” in the title:
    1. A World Without Love
    2. Around The World In 80 Days
    3. Dark Side Of The World
    4. He Means The World To Me
    5. I’m In The World
    6. If I Ruled The World
    7. Joy To The World
    8. Love Makes The World Go Round [[very brief snippet from a Dean Martin Show medley)
    9. My World Is Empty Without You
    10. Top Of The World
    11. We Are The Children Of The World
    12. We Are The World
    13. What A Wonderful World
    14. What The World Needs Now
    15. [[What A) Wonderful World

The 114 songs with “world” in the lyrics:

1. A Brand New Day [[Everybody Rejoice) ; Songs From The Wiz version– “hello world, it’s like a different way of living now; thank you world, I always knew that we’d be free somehow; in harmony, let’s show the world that we got liberty…”
    2. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – “nothing in this world can keep me from you boy…”
    3. Ain’t No Sun Since You’ve Been Gone – “you darkened my world with your words ‘good bye’…” “it’s a dark, lonely world without you…”
    4. All For One – “suddenly the world’s a beautiful place…”
    5. Am I Asking Too Much – “through a shattered world I drifted…”
    6. Back To The Future – “in a world out of control…” “we can change the world…”
    7. Bah-Bah-Bah – “well, I guess my world was make-believe…”
    8. Because I Love Him – “he means the world to me…”
    9. Believe In Yourself [[from Sesame Street) – “you mean, the world is mine to walk in…” [[sung by a Muppet) “the world belongs to you and me…”
    10. Brown Baby – “you’re gonna live in a better world…”
    11. Chain Reaction – “shine a light for the whole world over…”
    12. Children’s Christmas Song – “and now we’re gonna sing ‘ding-dong’ to all the children around the world…”
    13. Chim Chim Cher-ee –“ In this whole wide world there's no happier bloke…” “'tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world…”
    14. Come On Boy – “you mean the world to me…”
    15. Confide In Me – “let the whole world pass us by…”
    16. Country John – “gotta see the world…”
    17. Don’t Let True Love Die – “my world is crumbling at my feet..”
    18. Don’t Rain On My Parade – “hey world, here I am…”
    19. Drop The Mask – “turn off the world…”
    20. Eaten Alive – “in a modern world…”
    21. Endless Love – “you mean the world to me…”
    22. Everything’s Coming Up Roses [[Leading Lady excerpt) – “Gonna have the whole world on a plate…” “stand the world on its ear…”
    23. Everything’s Good About You – “you brighten my whole world…”
    24. Experience – “we can find another world we can run away to…”
    25. Forever Came Today – “suddenly my world stood still…” “and I want the world to see how gently love has shined on me…”
    26. Girls – “show the world that you believe; show the world you really care; show the world that you belong; show the world a miracle…”
    27. Goin’ Back – “I’d rather see the world the way it used to be…”
    28. Going Down For The Third Time – “I’m lost in a world without your love…”
    29. Got To Be There – “when she says ‘hello’ to the world…” “I need her sharing the world beside me…” “and welcome her into my world…”
    30. He Holds His Own – “he means the world to me…”
    31. Heavy Weather – “in the world today we’re headed for some heavy weather…”
    32. Hey Jude – “don’t carry the world on your shoulder” “making his world a little colder…”
    33. Home – “suddenly my world’s gone and changed its face…” “living here in this brand-new world might be a fantasy…” “a world full of love like yours and mine…”
    34. Hope Is An Open Window – “makes the world we walk a better place…”
    35. How Long Has That Evening Train Been Gone – “feeling that the world, the world, was a beautiful place…”
    36. I Ain’t Been Licked – “my whole world fell apart…” “I want the world to see…”
    37. I Can’t Get Started – “I’ve flown around the world in a plane…”
    38. I Can’t Make It Alone _ “that world we built for two does not include me now; that world of pleasant dreams is but a nightmare now…”
    39. I Could Write A Book – “so the world would never forget…” “then the world discovers…”
    40. I Hear A Symphony – “I’m lost in a world made for you and me…”
    41. I Love Being In Love With You – “I just discovered why the world is round…”
    42. I Never Loved A Man Before – “when the world is fast asleep…”
    43. I Want To Go Back There Again – “you left me in a world of my own…”
    44. I Won’t Last A Day Without You – “I must face a world of strangers…” “I can face all the madness the world has to give…”
    45. I’ll Keep A Light In My Window – “to make a world of love for me and you…”
    46. I’m Coming Out – “I want the world to know…” “I’ve got to show the world all that I want to be…”
    47. I’m The Greatest Star – “in all of the world so far I’m the greatest star…” “hey world, here I am…” “all the world’s gonna stare up…”
    48. I’m Watching You – “in a world where we were once…”
    49. I’ve Got A Crush On You – “the world will pardon my mush…”
    50. I’ve Got No Strings – “I want the world to know nothing ever worries me…”
    51. Imagine/Save The Children – “and the world will live as one…”/“to save a world, a world in despair…” “there’ll come a time when the world won’t be singing…” “who’ll save the world that is destined to die…” “when I look at the world, it fills me with sorrow…”
    52. Is This What Feeling Gets – “this is your real world…”
    53. Just A Little Misunderstanding – “all the chains in the world couldn’t hold me…”
    54. Just Call Me – “when the world turns its back on you…”
    55. Keep An Eye – “kindness was a thread she used to weave our world apart…”
    56. Lady Sings The Blues – “wants the world to know…” “now the world knows…”
    57. Leave A Little Room – “and the world’s made of stone…”
    58. Let Me Be The One – “when this old world turns upside down…”

1. Little Bright Star – “just keep on glowing so the world will understand…”
    2. Little Girl Blue – “the world was younger than I…” “now the young world has grown old…”
    3. Little Miss Loser – “even then the world put you down…”
    4. Love Is All That Matters – “sometimes we search this world for gold…”
    5. More – “More than the greatest love the world has known…”
    6. Mr. Blues – “you’re the only guy in this whole wide world…”
    7. My Man – “when he takes me in his arms, the world is right, alright…”
    8. My Mistake [[Was To Love You) – “was to give my all and tell the world…”
    9. My Place – “we’ll be standing still as the world goes by…”
    10. One Love In My Lifetime – “and if I search this whole wide world I know…” “you placed my whole world at my feet…”
    11. Only You – “only you can make this world seem right…”
    12. People – “people who need people are the luckiest people in the world…” “let the world fall in love again…”
    13. Reach Out [[I’ll Be There) – “and your world around is tumbling down…”
    14. Reach Out And Touch [[Somebody’s Hand) – “make this world a better place…”
    15. Reflections – “trapped in a world that’s of distorted reality…” “my world has turned to dust…”
    16. [[I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction – “when I’m riding around the world…”
    17. Shine – “in a cruel, hard world…”
    18. Sleepin’ – “in a rich man’s world…”
    19. So Close – “in an instant my whole world changed…”
    20. Someday At Christmas – “some warm December our hearts will see a world where men are free…” “a world where people care…” “one shiny moment one prayer away from our world today…”
    21. Soon As I Get Home – “I would like to know of that different world…”
    22. Stormy – “my world is cloudy and gray…”
    23. Tell Mama – “one to love you and give you the world…”
    24. Tender Is The Night – “there’s no one in the world except the two of us…”
    25. ‘Til Johnny Comes - “he’s out painting the world scarlet red…”
    26. The Happening – “when you shook me, took me out of my world…” “you’ll find your world is tumbling down” “riding high, on top of the world…”
    27. The Impossible Dream – “and the world will be better for this…”
    28. The Land Of Make-Believe – “in the world of fantasy…”
    29. The Blue Room – “and Robinson Crusoe is not so far from worldly cares…”
    30. These Precious Memories – “when you left my world was sorrow…”
    31. Things Are Changing – “there was a time when the world was fickle…”
    32. To Love Again – “when I could even leave this world behind…”
    33. To The Baby – “let my baby be a baby in this world…”
    34. Touch Me In The Morning – “we walked with a dream to hold and we could take what the world was giving…”
    35. Toyland – “wonderful world of joy land…”
    36. Tumbling Tumbleweeds – “a new world’s born at dawn…”
    37. Up, Up & Away – “the world’s a nicer place…”
    38. Voice Of The Heart – “sometimes when your world seems so big and real…” “living in a private world…”
    39. What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life – “in the world of love you keep in your eyes…”
    40. What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted – “a world filled with love is a beautiful sight…”
    41. What Now My Love – “I feel the world closing in on me…”
    42. When Will I Come Home To You – “it’s a cold and lonely world when you’re not loving me…” “your world is my only one…”
    43. When You Tell Me That You Love Me – “I want to change the world only for you…” “in a world of lies you are the truth…” “in a world without you I would always hunger…”
    44. Where Did We Go Wrong – “a touch, a world away…”
    45. Will This Be The Day – “Good morning, world…”
    46. With A Child’s Heart – “the whole world smiles with you…”
    47. Wonderful, Wonderful – “the world is filled with wondrous things, it’s true…” “and we’re lost in a world of our own…”
    48. Workin’ Overtime – “it’s such a crazy world…” “when your world is falling apart…”
    49. You – “you make this world a better place…”
    50. You Are Not Alone – “and leave my world so cold…”
    51. You Can Depend On Me – “when the whole world’s falling in…” “when the whole world seems unfair…”
    52. You’re All I Need To Get By – “I wanted the world at my feet…”
    53. You’re Gonna Hear From Me – “make me some room, you people up there, on top of the world; I’ll meet you up there…” “listen world, you can’t ignore me…” “and watch the world over start coming up clover…”
    54. You’re Nobody ‘Til Somebody Loves You – “you may possess the world and all its gold…” “the world is still the same; you’ll never change it…”
    55. You’ve Been So Wonderful To Me – “this world was made for boys like you…”
    56. Young Mothers – “to look for beauty in the world…”

The three songs with “world” not sung by Diana Ross:

1. I’m Glad There Is You [[In This World Of Ordinary People) a Bob Hope solo turn from a special in which he sang a “you” medley with Diana – “In this world or ordinary people…”
    2. Moon River, a concert duet with Diana and a Tenor from a movie song medley – “two drifters off to see the world…”
    3. The Way You Look Tonight, from the Hollywood Palace Fred and Ginger medley, a solo turn from Sammy Davis, Jr. – “and the world is cold…”

The two songs with “world” in the lyrics that Diana did not sing:

The Way You Look Tonight – “and the world is cold…” is from the first verse, which Florence and Mary did not sing, when a snippet of this song was linked in a medley with Tonight
    Over The Rainbow’s first verse – “When all the world is a hopeless jumble..."

Oh my, that’s impressive research. In summary, I guess you can say, it’s Diana’s world and we just live in it.

Shoot, even some of her tour titles had "love" in it lol it's either world or love, those are her two favorite words, I'm convinced! LOL

Most impressive benross!!

How in the --world-- did you assemble all that!!!!!