CLUB REVIEW - Billboard May 1969

Dionne Warwick Sparkles In Flawless Performance
NEW YORK — Dionne Warwick, appearing and sounding comfortable relaxed, scored a big success at her Copacabana opening on Thursday [[9). Miss Warwick's vibrant performance was ferfect in all repects as she spun her way through many of her top hits, from “Don't Make Me Over,” her first single in 1962, to her current “Do You Know the Way to San Jose?” All of her recordings have been made for Scepter Records.
But, the program was more than a reprise of her hits. Miss Warwick gave good comic impressions of Diana Ross of the Supremes, Pearl Bailey and Marlene Dietrich. The last, with blonde wig, ended with Miss Warwick switching from the impersonation of Miss Dietrich's deep throaty voice to the artist’s own style, in “Falling in Love Again.”
There was still more, as the Scepter star effectively merged “The Impossible Dream" and “What the World Needs Now”Is Love Sweet Love.” She sang a dramatic “Battle Hymn of the Republic.” which is in her forthcoming gospel album. and also scored with “The Look of Love” and “I Think I'm Going Out of My Head.” which gave her an opportunity to belt in fine full- voiced style.
Miss Warwick also sang some of her biggest hits: “I Say a Little Prayer.” “Alfie,” “Walk on By.” and her million-seller “Valley of the Dolls,” as well as good album cuts with “Up and Away” and “What's Good About Good-Bye.” Lee Valentine conducted her exciting program, which proved a genuine triumph.
Donna Summer at 4.58mn