[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Where have you been, he was popping up years after the book came claiming he knew the real stories of some of the events after that book was published. You do know he woke another fairytale book years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I'd have to second that; at least Turner has accomplished something in life and moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Where have you been, he was popping up years after the book came claiming he knew the real stories of some of the events after that book was published. You do know he woke another fairytale book years later.
    Was that the book on the Temptations?

Yep and one mustn’t forget the update of La Turner’s first book with “inside” knowledge of RTL
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post

oh no. I actually bought that temptations book and it was the first time I ever threw a recently purchased book into the garbage. Not throwing shade, but it just seemed kinda like Tony was going full-speed ahead with the trashiest stuff he could print, just for the same of being sensational. I knew there were holes and questions about the Supremes book, but in an odd way, it was pretty darn entertaining. Compared to what I was reading in the Tempts book, The Supremes book was really G-rated. I had no idea he did an updated version!

Compared to what I was reading in the Tempts book, The Supremes book was really G-rated. I had no idea he did an updated version!
    It wasn't much. Just a few pages on the Return to Love tour.

Well, I know he got at least two of the stories right in his book on the Temptations because I was there. I was an eyewitness.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Well, I know he got at least two of the stories right in his book on the Temptations because I was there. I was an eyewitness.
    Hey Marv, I had just replied to blackguy69 about this book. I didn't get too far with it and in fact threw it out. There was almost an air of desperation for attention in the writing style of this book. Tony seemed to be dialing the "trashy" quotient all the way past 11. I also think I was still pretty young and just didn't feel like seeing my Motown stars deconstructed so boldly!

Hey Marv, I had just replied to blackguy69 about this book. I didn't get too far with it and in fact threw it out. There was almost an air of desperation for attention in the writing style of this book. Tony seemed to be dialing the "trashy" quotient all the way past 11. I also think I was still pretty young and just didn't feel like seeing my Motown stars deconstructed so boldly!
    There is a bunch of stuff you do not really need to know and I have never posted here on this forum in 16 years or more LOL! I was just confirming that two of the events he wrote about in his Temptations book were really accurate. All that other stuff, I don't know about. There were some things said that could be plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    There is a bunch of stuff you do not really need to know and I have never posted here on this forum in 16 years or more LOL! I was just confirming that two of the events he wrote about in his Temptations book were really accurate. All that other stuff, I don't know about. There were some things said that could be plausible.
    We discussed those events a long time ago and one of the events you are referring to was validated by another singer in Detroit. How the heck would he get all this info and not be there. Unless he did a lot of interviewing and kept good notes for the detail. Or just a real creative mind lol!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    We discussed those events a long time ago and one of the events you are referring to was validated by another singer in Detroit. How the heck would he get all this info and not be there. Unless he did a lot of interviewing and kept good notes for the detail. Or just a real creative mind lol!
    The two events where I was there and he was there were real. I met him when he came to Detroit with Mary to Trappers Alley back in the 80s.