[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As you guys may recall I always jump right on here and applaud whenever I see a nice CD re-issue package, mainly because I want to keep the CD era going as long as possible. But this one is just TOO MUCH. I haven't even checked the prices yet but I would assume it is well up into the $300 or more range. I am sure Donna has some fans out there that will scream at the top of their lungs when they read about this release and will start to save their pennies. But just like reese said, I am not THAT big a fan. But I do hope that continues to give the powers that be the idea that there is an audience for CDs of any size, so keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    As you guys may recall I always jump right on here and applaud whenever I see a nice CD re-issue package, mainly because I want to keep the CD era going as long as possible. But this one is just TOO MUCH. I haven't even checked the prices yet but I would assume it is well up into the $300 or more range. I am sure Donna has some fans out there that will scream at the top of their lungs when they read about this release and will start to save their pennies. But just like reese said, I am not THAT big a fan. But I do hope that continues to give the powers that be the idea that there is an audience for CDs of any size, so keep them coming!
    Today's current price [[using a conversion rate) is $221.97. Judging by the graphics above, this set looks to be well-done. So someone must be thinking that there is still a market for such releases. I can't imagine them investing this much time and energy into such an all-encompassing release without expecting a return.

As I wrote above, I was a fan of Donna's but aside from a collection and live albums, I didn't buy her records. But I am happy that I had the chance to see her in concert twice. The first time I actually went on a whim. I didn't decide until the day of the concert to buy a ticket. I was lucky enough to get a front row seat. It was honestly one of the best shows I've attended. The next time she came to town, I didn't hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    this one is just TOO MUCH. I haven't even checked the prices yet but I would assume it is well up into the $300 or more range.
    Encore is limited to 1500 copies and will be released on 27 March via Crimson Productions [[a Demon Music imprint). Note, this product is not going to be available directly in the USA, but fans Stateside can purchase from Amazon UK and, with VAT deducted, will cost you around $185 plus shipping.
    https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...omment-1600707

This article states that the pressing is limited to 1500 copies. Those will sell out on pre-order. This box set is for the completist. Nearly all of the content is commercially available. Conceivably, a 1500 copy pressing could generate a return on the investment.