Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
in my excel file, i've listed the release date, the date it entered chart and then date it peaked. then i just note the chart position for Week 1, 2, 3 etc. So currently all of the singles line up at Week 1 and then go across. so you can see which had the longest runs, etc.

I've thought about running it out horizontally so each column is a week. with 52 weeks/year and all the years the girls were charting, this would be a LONG excel file. but then we'd be able to see what doing each week. For instance, you can clearly see the competition between Stone and River Deep. Also be interesting to see when the next releases were timed base on current single chart run. or were which weeks were the girls not only any charts at all?

albums ran MUCH longer. of course some of the "poorer" albums like Broadway only ran for 12 weeks. as did Funny Girl. But Where ran for a LONG time - 89 weeks!!!!!! of course much of that was bobbling down in the 80s and all. most of the big DMF lps were charting for months, if not close to a year.
This is great info, and I thank you for it. I actually find this type of statistic more interesting than actual sales units. The fact that a singles-oriented group had an lp on the charts for 89 weeks is quite significant.