[REMOVE ADS]

Happy [[almost late) Birthday to Shirley Bassey

I am writing this at 4 PM Eastern time on the 8th so with the time difference I suppose Dame Shirley's birthday celebration has already been underway for almost 24 hours "over there." But since I squeezed in under the deadline in our time zone, best wishes for this one and many more.

As we learned from a recent clip that someone was kind enough to post, she has still "got it" and still looking spectacular at age 83. We have all been enriched by the many recorded treasures she has given us. In fact as one of her album titles says "Thank You For the Years."

Happy Birthday to Dame Shirley Bassey!

Still going strong, who would've guessed? Dame Shirley's life has not been easy but she is a survivor. And a spectacular talent.