Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
Are you kidding me? Why would all those people lie, including the ones who may not be big fans of Ross? Diana was not the only hard worker at Motown, and because I wasn't there, I cannot say if she outworked everyone at the label in the early days. I imagine with all the youthful energy abounding at Hitsville in the early 60s, all that unbottled ambition, there were a few folks at Motown working their asses off to succeed. But there is one major difference that is indisputable: at some point Gordy began to ride Diana's ass [[don't go there!), pushing her forward every step of the way. He was molding her into the star that he believed would take Motown, and ultimately Gordy himself, into the stratosphere. And she did. Mary has talked about it. Florence has talked about it. Florence even said she felt sorry for Diana because of the way Gordy pushed her so hard. She may have been going with the boss, but he didn't take it easy on her. Everybody at Motown probably wanted Diana's success. I can't imagine that anyone else at Motown was willing to put up with what Diana put up with in order to get it. That makes her special.
Funny thing is the person who said Diana Ross outworked everyone at Motown was this guy: