Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
to be clear, I'm not saying Flo and Mary are not on the album . From listening to a couple of cuts on youtube, I am of the opinion that what I hear is the two of them [[and not the Andantes lol!).

What I am saying is that Mary's comments could be cleverly couched to induce a false conclusion. She doe not say, "That's me and Flo singing on the Christmas album," as the title to this thread suggests.

Has Mary ever addressed this directly?
Mary Wilson was the first one to my knowledge to acknowledge that she, nor Cindy Birdsong were not on "Love Child" or "Someday, We'll Be Together". She went on to explain why. She is also the first person I had ever heard mention "The Andantes". I had never heard of them before reading "Dreamgirl, My Life As A Supreme" in 1986. I didn't even know how to pronounce their name!

What sense would it make for Mary to talk about not being on two of the Supremes biggest hits, but take her proper credit for being on the album "Merry Christmas" which is basically a novelty album! She doesn't have to try to be clever, all she need do is what she has always done and that is tell the truth!