[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I do like Paradise and Keep On Dancin

The chief reason i enjoy the album is because of the edginess in her voice. That quality was missing from the bulk of her rca output and the majority of FBTP.
    Even if she did hate all the songs [[which i still can't work out or get my head around), it sounds to the listener like she is trying.
    I maybe in the majority on this particular forum, but i would be more than happy if songs such as "Paradise" or"Bottom Line" found their way back onto her setlist.
    In fact anything new would be an extremely welcome addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    The chief reason i enjoy the album is because of the edginess in her voice. That quality was missing from the bulk of her rca output and the majority of FBTP.
    Even if she did hate all the songs [[which i still can't work out or get my head around), it sounds to the listener like she is trying.
    I maybe in the majority on this particular forum, but i would be more than happy if songs such as "Paradise" or"Bottom Line" found their way back onto her setlist.
    In fact anything new would be an extremely welcome addition.
    Hell will freeze over before she would perform those songs live again. She will not perform songs that she does not believe in.
    Sadly her days of taking chances are firmly in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Hell will freeze over before she would perform those songs live again. She will not perform songs that she does not believe in.
    Sadly her days of taking chances are firmly in the past.
    That's what i enjoyed so much about seeing Streisand at the O2 and Hyde Park. Varied set list to include new songs and songs she had not performed for many a year. High ticket price, but more then justified.........methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    That's what i enjoyed so much about seeing Streisand at the O2 and Hyde Park. Varied set list to include new songs and songs she had not performed for many a year. High ticket price, but more then justified.........methinks.
    Glad you enjoyed it. She was magnificent wasn't she? The best female vocalist of all time in my opinion.

Glad you enjoyed it. She was magnificent wasn't she? The best female vocalist of all time in my opinion.
    My christmas wish is that Diana never gets to read this post.

Agree to disagree. Streisand has always sounded like a worn over bowl of warm mayonnaise to me. I know some people love her, but I've always found her unlistenable. D. Ross is my standard, all other singers fall behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Agree to disagree. Streisand has always sounded like a worn over bowl of warm mayonnaise to me. I know some people love her, but I've always found her unlistenable. D. Ross is my standard, all other singers fall behind her.
    I hear what you say. For me Streisand has set the bar way too high for anyone else to reach, but Diana's voice has been the soundtrack to my life and will be forever in my heart and soul.