[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NOTE: See Part K - "Happy 56th Anniversary Of The Philles Christmas LP - Part 2)

This is amazing stuff. Love it and thank you for posting your collection and contributing your vast knowledge. I bought the album when it first came out and I was 13. There was too much sound for my little portable record player and I never really appreciated it, although I liked it...it was just muddy sounding.
    Funny thing with Siri, I asked it to play the Christmas album and it kept playing a knock-off by the Spectorettes. The instrumental was pretty true to the Wall of Sound, but the singers were not the originals and I knew right away but couldn't get Siri to play the correct album until I gave it the exact title.
    I absolutely love this album in my car and on my home pods....the sound is incredible.
    Thanks again, I'm really enjoying this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    This is amazing stuff. Love it and thank you for posting your collection and contributing your vast knowledge. I bought the album when it first came out and I was 13. There was too much sound for my little portable record player and I never really appreciated it, although I liked it...it was just muddy sounding.
    Funny thing with Siri, I asked it to play the Christmas album and it kept playing a knock-off by the Spectorettes. The instrumental was pretty true to the Wall of Sound, but the singers were not the originals and I knew right away but couldn't get Siri to play the correct album until I gave it the exact title.
    I absolutely love this album in my car and on my home pods....the sound is incredible.
    Thanks again, I'm really enjoying this thread.
    Hi drlorne,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed this thread. If you haven't already, be sure to check out "Happy 56th Anniversary Of The Philles Christmas LP - PART 2" where the reissues continue up through and including 2018. [This thread stopped abruptly when there was a technical glitch which prevented us [[Kenny) from adding any additional posts for me. But, thankfully, Ralph and Lowell helped us around the glitch.]

I know the fake versions of the Philles Christmas LP to which you're referring. I have two CDs by the Delta Wall Of Sound who released a CD of their version of the Philles Christmas album AND a CD of the Philles 45 hits. I hate to say it, but both CDs are amazingly good [[although they could never replace the originals by Phil's fillies - Ronnie, Darlene, and Lala. [[I would have included an example of the Delta Wall Of Sound here but they're not available on YouTube.)

Be sure to check out the rest of the reissues of "A Christmas Gift For You" in Part 2. The recent colored vinyl ones are gorgeous. Thanks for commenting, drlorne. You've made my day!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-17-2019 at 09:48 PM.