Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
Well Diana never disappointed me. Her RCA years were very exciting for me. The huge arena tours, new posters, beautiful tour programs at every new tour. A new album every year. The Central Park concert. I miss these times of her career. She was at the height of her fame. And I loved the music!
but there were little things along the way. it's stuff you notice more in retrospect than while it was happening

we've pretty well dissected her first two albums. so not going to bother adding anything there

But look at the haphazard go-to-market with Ross 83, which was released in June 83. Pieces of Ice is lead single, then Up Front and Let's Go Up. the Central Park show[[s) are in July. she's on Tonight Show in August but only does Let's Go Up. neither Pieces or Up Front get much national tv promotion

And with swept away, the only used the picture from the album cover in all of her promotional material. never once did they pull in another image or two in order to make a varied campaign.

it's just a series of lack of attention to details which ends up coming across as a lack of interest

and if she didn't really care or respect the music, how can fans be expected to do so?