[REMOVE ADS]

Metropony - Florence Ballard [[Official Video)

I think the band is Italian. I am not quite sure what to make of this:

http://www.osservatoriesterni.it/new...-dei-metropony

Google translator

The song [[as can be guessed from the title) is inspired by the particular story of Florence Ballard, the founding voice of the Supremes, an R&B women's musical group that was very popular at the turn of the sixties and seventies. A story marked by jealousy, a morbid feeling of envy towards her groupmate Diana Ross that will lead her to abandon the band and begin a slow but inexorable process of self-destruction. A story marked by depression, alcohol and drugs, which will end in tragedy in 1976 with suicide at just 33 years of age.
    "In our compositional approach there is no room for presumption, the intent is not to tell or tell from an external point of view the events or situations narrated, just as the thrust for reflection is not among the objectives. We prefer instead a total immersion in the character and a spontaneous return of what the pen suggests, regardless of how politically correct this may be ”.

The theme of the video accompanying the single is dissatisfaction, the same that led Ballard to its decline. The protagonist is a girl who returns home from a party, almost drunk she can't stand, forced to come to terms with the little demons that live inside her.

Thank you very much Brett for the insight and this article. I was wondering how they came to write this song and produce this video. Florence did not commit suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    http://www.osservatoriesterni.it/new...-dei-metropony

Google translator

The song [[as can be guessed from the title) is inspired by the particular story of Florence Ballard, the founding voice of the Supremes, an R&B women's musical group that was very popular at the turn of the sixties and seventies. A story marked by jealousy, a morbid feeling of envy towards her groupmate Diana Ross that will lead her to abandon the band and begin a slow but inexorable process of self-destruction. A story marked by depression, alcohol and drugs, which will end in tragedy in 1976 with suicide at just 33 years of age.
    "In our compositional approach there is no room for presumption, the intent is not to tell or tell from an external point of view the events or situations narrated, just as the thrust for reflection is not among the objectives. We prefer instead a total immersion in the character and a spontaneous return of what the pen suggests, regardless of how politically correct this may be ”.

The theme of the video accompanying the single is dissatisfaction, the same that led Ballard to its decline. The protagonist is a girl who returns home from a party, almost drunk she can't stand, forced to come to terms with the little demons that live inside her.
    So now I can believe that Florence's story is known around the World.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    So now I can believe that Florence's story is known around the World.
    But does the world now think she comitted suicide because of this global video.

The least they could've done was researched the subject of the song and then created something worth the time and trouble. A "morbid feeling of envy"? Abandoning the band? Drugs and suicide? This song is crap. I hope Flo's family doesn't have the unfortunate experience of finding out someone created a song about Florence and being excited about it until they discover what's really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    But does the world now think she comitted suicide because of this global video.
    Don't know how many folks will actually see this nonsense around the world, but sadly even here in the States, Flo's story is rife with misconceptions, myths and lies, spread by people with only a general interest rather than folks who wish to be factual. Oh and those with an agenda to screw the facts around of course.

I am impressed that a band of young Italian guys thought enough about the story of Florence Ballard to write a song and produce a video in 2019.

I'm not impressed with that at all. I'd rather they not write a song and produce a video if they're going to categorize Florence as some jealous, drug addicted, suicidal woman. That's not Flo's story at all. I know the Ballards would be pissed about this. All publicity isn't good publicity. They can send this song to hell for all I care. Totally disrespectful to the memory of Florence Ballard.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I'm not impressed with that at all. I'd rather they not write a song and produce a video if they're going to categorize Florence as some jealous, drug addicted, suicidal woman. That's not Flo's story at all. I know the Ballards would be pissed about this. All publicity isn't good publicity. They can send this song to hell for all I care. Totally disrespectful to the memory of Florence Ballard.
    I am impressed because of all the subject matter in the World, they could have chosen to write and sing about, they chose Florence Ballard! One of the band members just translated the lyrics for me:

In English:

I want to be super supreme for you
    the only black rose and bloom forever
    between city walls

but I have painted a sky where she is above
    I can't burn it otherwise I would do it
    abandoned under the light
    naked among you

I will be so invisible
    and then disappointed I will go down

you told me i will never be like her
    but fuck you, asshole, I want the light back
    that took me away

it doesn't matter if you don't listen to me
    it doesn't matter who you look at
    I'm me, the voiceless one
    and I will go alone

I will be so invisible
    and then ... lost ashes

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am impressed because of all the subject matter in the World, they could have chosen to write and sing about, they chose Florence Ballard! One of the band members just translated the lyrics for me:

In English:

I want to be super supreme for you
    the only black rose and bloom forever
    between city walls

but I have painted a sky where she is above
    I can't burn it otherwise I would do it
    abandoned under the light
    naked among you

I will be so invisible
    and then disappointed I will go down

you told me i will never be like her
    but fuck you, asshole, I want the light back
    that took me away

it doesn't matter if you don't listen to me
    it doesn't matter who you look at
    I'm me, the voiceless one
    and I will go alone

I will be so invisible
    and then ... lost ashes
    With lyrics like that its gonna sell millions and be a global hit.

Oh dear