[REMOVE ADS]

TCM Salutes MOTOWN Films

I just received this notice regarding an upcoming TCM Television Network salute to Motown film productions, starting October 22, at 8 P.M. E.S.T. Enjoy!

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 8.40.59 AM.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  94.6 KB
    Last edited by Mark Desjardines; 10-15-2019 at 12:02 PM. Reason: ..

What a joy to see this major network, TCM, recognizing Motown in this way. TCM has such a wide-ranging and dedicated film audience and I'm sure it will help a more general audience to see Motown in more specific terms; that Motown is much more than a generic term for soul music.
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 10-15-2019 at 02:55 PM.

I wish they were showing Scott Joplin and The Bingo Long Travelling All-Stars & Motor Kings. I have never seen those.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I wish they were showing Scott Joplin and The Bingo Long Travelling All-Stars & Motor Kings. I have never seen those.
    Well, I hope you can see this in your neck of the woods; it's one of my all-time favorites.
    If you can, enjoy!

Thanks, sansradio! I never think to look for a full movie on Youtube. I should.
    Last edited by thommg; 10-17-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Thanks, sanradio! I never think to look for a full movie on Youtube. I should.
    You're more than welcome, thommg! Scott Joplin was up for free about a year ago, but it's been yanked. You can rent it there, however.

I must keep an eye on the TCM schedule here in the UK to see if they show any of these.