Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
Hi Florence.I shall tell you what i am able to. Diana has been invited to Glastonbury many many times, but always turned it down for various reasons. She felt this was the right time with the new album also due next year.
Her Glastonbury set will have more than a nod to her UK successes therefore expect the likes of chain reaction, i'm still waiting and when you tell me that you love me to be included in the set. She doesn't perform those songs much in the States so she will need to do some rehearsing. As regards guest stars it is hoped one established superstar will perform with her as well as a "current" star who may or may not be making a guest appearance on the new album. It is all hush hush at the moment.
I am delighted to say that i will be joining Diana whilst she is in the UK. I am officially retired but there are certain legends whom you do not say no to. Diana is one, and Barbra is the other. I am honoured to be invited for this visit.
She will indeed do additional UK dates, but probably not until late 2020/early 2021. The bad news is this may well be her farewell UK tour, and other European dates seem unlikely at the moment. She had to agree to the UK tour prior to her signing her new recording contract..
I will be meeting up with her soon when she arrives for her annual London Christmas shopping trip. Hopefully i will be given more information then.
As regards a greatest hits compilation it was always the plan to compile a new one which would hopefully include a couple of new songs from the forthcoming album, but that is likely to be held over until 2021. Therefore one of the existing ones will probably be promoted to coincide with her Glastonbury set. Of course all this is subject to change, but barring any family/health issues she has committed to this performance. I was told about it approx 3 weeks ago, and it has been tough keeping the secret to all but my nearest and dearest. I am glad it is finally all out in the open.
Sadly every ticket has been sold, but there is extensive tv coverage worldwide, and we are about to look into booking Diana onto a few tv shows. There is a very slight possibility that she will also do a promotional tour prior to the actual event where she would do a few tv/radio spots.
That is all i can tell you at the moment, but i am as excited as you are, and Diana herself is very much looking forward go reconnecting with her UK audience. I am told most of her family will be joining her for the trip, and i dare say will also join her on stage.
More news as and when...
Thank you my dear and im real happy Miss Ross called on you to work with her in the UK. I knew in my heart she would. God bless you both. xx