[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Okay, okay, but even though she was quite thin, I don't think it's fair to compare these two photos. After all, Ross was made up for the very unusual and striking album cover. So I say, this is comparing apples to oranges.

This is one of my favorite photos of Ross at her most glam, and a more fair comparison!

Name:  R-3540792-1334501058.jpeg[[1).jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  50.7 KB

In fact all three of the girls look fabulous in this photo, and I like the look, the way the dresses complement each other but are not identical. I think it gives them a more sophisticated, current image. I'm sure some would object to Diane's gown obviously being chosen so that she'll be the first one people will notice but she was the lead singer after all.
    That is a great picture, Kenneth! I don't think I've seen it before. Yes, all 3 ladies look GORG!! Best to you -
    T

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    That is a great picture, Kenneth! I don't think I've seen it before. Yes, all 3 ladies look GORG!! Best to you -
    T
    Thanks P&H,

I like Marv and he has lots of valuable insights into topics on SDF, and what seems to be a huge storehouse of photos and other interesting memorabilia. I occasionally try to poke fun or tease him out of his terrible and negative obsession with Diane's celebrity status, but I guess it was a mistake this time. His response was very sad and disappointing. Her "big head?" In my experience, lots of celebrities seem to have big heads, probably because they're usually not very tall people and often thinner than the average person. I don't know, I'm no expert, but attacking someone on things they can't help is a sad way to behave and reminiscent of our Insulter-in-Chief.

Marv is of course entitled to his opinion, but I apologize for pushing him on this one. I should have known better! [[Hey, sounds like a good title for an unearthed Marvelettes track!)

K

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    T
    Yes I have this CD [[somewhere) and I remember the TV show that the Supremes were on when they did this. I believe it was Mary that said they had started to use their street clothes and the time was getting close to when Diana would leave. If I am not mistaken becasuse I am not that good at the same gowns, I think this was the same gown on the back cover of her first LP.

Or at least it looks like the same one.Name:  download.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  5.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by captainjames; 10-11-2019 at 12:12 PM.