Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
Thanks, Ollie9, Marv2, RanRan79! Hi PeaceNHarmony! I would agree with your statement about my posting. Yes, Mary Wilson does not have the fame that she enjoyed in the 60's and 70's. Unfortunately, in music, the continuance of fame seems to be relegated to Country music, who hold their pioneers in high esteem practically as long as they are on the earth. In Rock & Roll, R & B and Hip-Hop, musicians are easily discarded and its on to the next. I think, that's why you and I are on this forum, so that we can discuss those musicians so that they are not forgotten! Mary Wilson is bound and determined that the Supremes, Motown, and yes, herself, are not forgotten. Practically the whole of women musicians today stand on the shoulders of Diana, Mary and Flo. And, yes, I think that the Supremes are Rock & Roll icons and are deservedly in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Excellent post again Stingbeelee! That is something Mary Wells has said about Mary Wilson and that being that "Mary will in no way, no how let you forget her.....!" She made the comment on Good Morning America in 1983.