[REMOVE ADS]

monitors set for a cd release on kent?and other details!

i've just read something on soul source [[link below)read thru the "posts" and someone who seems to either work for kent or is at least close to,says "if you want to know whats up after [[contours and marv johnson releases) you'll have to "monitor" the situation carefully....." !!!! check that out!
    details of new contours cd and marv johnson too and a clue to something else!

http://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...ate-kent-r2160

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  21.1 KB
    Tony Rounce, in fact, DOES work for Ace/Kent, and is a project manager there. He is the one that is producing the Motown oldies releases. So, I guess we can assume that after Marv Johnson, will come a CD by The Monitors. We can also assume that Universal will release a Spinners' Anthology CD, as they refused to allow Ace to get the rights for such a project.

Tamla617

Since it comes from Tony Rounce, it's hard to deny!

How do you find Soul Source as a board?

Robb_K

Why would you say that Ace were refused the rights for the Spinners. Ace managed to secure the rights for the Satintones.

the boyfrom........
    i just tripped over it doing a search for something,loads of info on there.not sure about the layout tho'

Robb_k

It's Ok, I've seen where you got that info from now. It's on the link that Tamla617 provided.

Views: 558
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Robb_K

Why would you say that Ace were refused the rights for the Spinners. Ace managed to secure the rights for the Satintones.
    Apparently, Universal feels their "mass" market for The Satintones or Marv Johnson or The Monitors wouldn't be profitable enough for them to take on those projects, and that Ace/Kent's higher priced/high quality "collectors' " style releases are better suited to such projects. However, they must feel that an anthology CD on The Spinners would be "mainstream enough" to warrant their taking on that project themselves.

Views: 541
    Tamla617

How do you find Soul Source as a board?
    I used to frequent that board a lot more than now. It has a LOT of knowledgeable members [[Northern Soul fans), many of whom are on a board on which I am very active [[Soul Talk/Rare Soul Forum). Soul Source is a great place to learn about rare Soul music, by reading and asking questions.

Great news re The Monitors. Can we have another clue for further releases? That would be FANTASTIC perhaps! Seriously though, this is wonderful news as I, along with many others, have championed the cause of The Monitors over the years and began to despair if they would ever get a release. That such a release seems to be coming via Ace/Kent, is even better. Save your money for this release and enjoy it when it comes.

It would be nice if the release co-incided with a tour from Richard Street

It would be nice if the release co-incided with a tour from Richard Street
    I'm just wondering how you guys determined a Monitors disc is on the way from Ace/Kent just because someone used the word "monitor" in a sentence?

Tony is well known to many from the days when he worked on a record stall in Berwick Street in Soho in the 70's. It isn't his style to mislead.

Although Tony does work on Ace Product [[eg the Contours) nothing is guaranteed in life and we can but hope it does happen.

motown
    in his reply to the question of releases he said,please read post#1 link again! monitor is in inverted comas drawing attention to that word,from that i wasnt going to think elgins.
    Last edited by tamla617; 03-07-2011 at 02:10 PM.

I've no idea who Tony Rounce is, but if he's "monitor-ing" the situation, I hope he's doing so from "Holland".

Views: 434

Tony also was manager of Ace's/Kent's "Roots of Soul-Chicago" CD project.
    Last edited by robb_k; 03-07-2011 at 11:25 PM.

what ever it is it will be right up your "street"

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelic jacques View Post
    I've no idea who Tony Rounce is, but if he's "monitor-ing" the situation, I hope he's doing so from "Holland".
    I've no idea who Tony Rounse is either. I've seen the name though. It would be better if he had said definivitely or plainly that a Monitors disc was on the way. I don't like games or puzzles. But I will just have to wait and see. Great if the Monitors get another CD release.

No doubt you guys will be monitoring the situation. Right up your Street?..Paulo xxx