Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
Okay, we all love Cindy, but nobody cares about her. And I don't mean to come across callous. I personally love Cindy and what she means to the story of the Supremes. But Cindy was a replacement. Yes, she sang with Ross. Yes, she participated in high profile television appearances and promoted a couple of Supremes hits that she did not sing on. But when the public thinks SUPREMES, that image is Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard. So Cindy's participation in any reunion would be welcomed, but that's not who the public cared to see [[because hardly no one cares now). As long as Ross and Wilson take the stage together, with or without a third person, that's the only Supremes reunion the public would give a crap about. So to be fair to Mary, the reunion does hinge on Diana. If Diana called Mary up tonight and said lets do it, Mary would jump at the chance. I think Mary learned her lesson back in 2000 not to cut off her nose to spite her face. She thought the drama of the situation would pay off more than the tour. She probably has yet to be handed or offered a four million dollar check since. I'm sure she's kicking herself.
you are spot on about Cindy, except a reunion has to be three Supremes - it can’t just be Mary and Ross, so a third will have to be added and then it will not be a true reunion which is what mary was crabbing about for the last 19 years. While I don’t think Diana will do a reunion, I think there’s even less chance that she would go out with mary as a duo…… Make that zero chance.

And there’s more to it. Right now ABC has mary running around doing a ton of publicity and mary is loving it…… She gives sensational interviews and she loves the attention and it’s all wonderful for her and I’m happy for her that for the first time in her entire career she’s getting all this positive press that has nothing to do with ross and there’s more to it. Right now ABC has mary running around doing a ton of publicity and mary is loving it…… She gives sensational interviews and she loves the attention and it’s all wonderful for her and I’m happy for her that for the first time in her entire career she’s getting all this positive press that has nothing to do with ross. Diana, is over giving interviews and being asked questions and doing prayers and doing anything beyond what she wants to do and the reunion would require a ton of press. She doesn’t even change the songs in her shows I absolutely cannot imagine her going to all the trouble to produce any kind of reunion shell whatsoever whether or not she even would want to would be a relevant I believe because I just think she doesn’t want to do the work and she’s not the type to leave it up to someone else to do so The whole concept is just so far-fetched I can’t believe it’s being discussed by Mary as anything other than “it’s just up to Diana“
Who I believe has spoken on the subject for the final time as it’s unlikely if she ever does another interview she’ll be asked that question because I’m sure it’s on the list of 8 million things that cannot be asked. I think Mary should get together with other former supreme‘s if she wants to do a supreme‘s act again. Who knows, maybe if that happened diana would get antsy and want to come in and do one song or something but I don’t see it and I’m not 100% happy with Mary I was not being as forthcoming as I would like on the subject when asked.