[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Oh man, in a way it did feel like a family member. I remember right after the blunt news on television, the days leading up to Flo's funeral there were radio tributes on several stations. I remember WXYZ Channel 7 showing footage of the funeral. It was a strangely warm day for February in our part of the country. I was raking leaves because there was no snow on the ground that day.
    I still have the Detroit Free Press article somewhere about the funeral. I think the headline was something like "Florence Ballard at Center Stage for the Last Time".

Mary Wilson wore the same cloche [[?) type hat to the funeral which she is wearing on the back of the "High Energy" album. I think that's what that type of hat is called.

Name:  20d6fece2d1689795129a0a407e91ea6.jpg
Views: 2069
Size:  24.1 KB

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  83.7 KB
    Last edited by kenneth; 09-16-2019 at 04:13 PM.