[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    I love "Home Of The Brave" by Bonnie/Treasures and was happy when it was re-released on a UK Spector label years ago. I"m sure I had a single of Florence DeVore "Kiss Me Now" too. I definitely had "Please Phil Spector" by The Attack on UK Phillips lol.

Those Rare Masters albums were a revelation. Back then Warner Spector had quite a nice label design but that PSI label was a disappointing design.
    Mystery, I had never heard The Attack's "Please Phil Spector" until now. Cute!

https://youtu.be/PKdLJNR31Bo

Oh, God yes, those two "Rare Masters" LPs were a revelation!!! A dream come true! I'm still keeping the faith that there's more to come, although surely not on such a grand scale as before. Here's what I know:

1) Darlene had cut a version of "Da Doo Ron Ron" before Phil released LaLa's version.
    2) The Ronettes' "Why Don't They Let Us Fall In Love" was originally cut for Darlene. Whether or not she recorded her lead vocals, I don't know.
    3) I heard years ago that Phil had recorded "Love Me Like You're Gonna Lose Me" on The Ronettes. Boy, if he did, I would sure love to hear it. The Chiffons' version is excellent. Phil's version on Ronnie would be even better!

THE CHIFFONS
    "Love Me Like You're Gonna Lose Me"
    https://youtu.be/Iul-f6-5Ypc

Can't you just imagine Ronnie performing that on Philles! I sure can!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-02-2019 at 02:50 PM.