[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I don't see Ross performing in small theaters in small towns if she has a net worth of $250 million. She'd be retired like Tina Turner or she'd stick to really high profile occasional gigs like Streisand.

Is it true she had only $250k in the bank before she signed with RCA? Those were her high-earning years as a live act. I believe she has invested wisely. She is the main provider for a very large extended family and I know she wants to secure comfortable lives for all of her descendants.

If I was on a game show and I had to guess her net worth, I'd say she was @$70 mil. That would not include anything she got in her divorce settlement. Although I never heard there was a divorce settlement.
    I disagree. Her high earnings as a live act was not before signing with RCA. It was after she left Motown. During the 80s she was a huge arena touring artist. She broke box office records around the world. Including the USA. When ever she toured back in the 80s she sold out huge arenas within hours. And she toured constantly. She was also one of the highest paid performers in Vegas. If not the highest paid. She also did several personal engagements that paid her well over $1 million for these performances.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I disagree. Her high earnings as a live act was not before signing with RCA. It was after she left Motown. During the 80s she was a huge arena touring artist. She broke box office records around the world. Including the USA. When ever she toured back in the 80s she sold out huge arenas within hours. And she toured constantly. She was also one of the highest paid performers in Vegas. If not the highest paid. She also did several personal engagements that paid her well over $1 million for these performances.
    Right. And unlike others that promote their appearances as 'business-woman', Ross actually is. Just doesn't 'in-yer-face' about it like others. Anyone who claims to celebrate Motown, the Supremes, Black American achievement, female empowerment, equality, etc. should welcome this fact/idea/rumor/possibility/probability instead of denigrating it.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 09-05-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Right. And unlike others that promote their appearances as 'business-woman', Ross actually is. Just doesn't 'in-yer-face' about it like others. Anyone who claims to celebrate Motown, the Supremes, Black American achievement, female empowerment, equality, etc. should welcome this fact/idea/rumor/possibility/probability instead of denigrating it.
    Exactly. But forget the labels, anyone who's is looking for an example of how ANY American living in our capitalist based society , through hard work and determination, has the possibility of acquiring $250 million by age 75, should look at the life of Diana Ross.

Well done Diana!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 09-06-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    OK. I thought she was a bigger touring act in the 70s but I missed her 80s "huge arena" period. By the time I started to see her regularly -- starting in late 80s -- she was playing concert halls and arenas with capacity of no more than 10,000. Here's a link that purports to have her concert history since the 1960s:

https://dianarossofficialfanclub.com/concert-history/