many fans have stated they weren't all that thrilled with the material on these DRATS albums. some feel that there's too much andantes, some feel they're too patchwork, some feel too many stronger songs were left in the vault in place of weaker songs

so what are your thoughts?

would you simply merge them into 1 lp?
who really likes them as is?

My thought is that they were just too hodge-podge. and few of the tracks are truly stunning. there just seemed to be too much experimentation and lack of musical direction at the time.

I've played around with making some alt playlists of each which i feel create a more cohesive project

for Let, i've done two. one that pulls in most of the Smokey songs, plus a few others. so basically a "DRATS sing smokey" idea. The other Let playlists is cover heavy. almost like DRATS sing current favorites like Everyday people, Western union, hey jude, macarthur park ,etc

for Cream, i've tried to make it a more mature sounding set. Since i'd redone Let, i was able to repurpose some of the stronger songs that i "canned" from that lp. I'm So Glad and Discover Me. Plus You Gave me Love, The look of love, stormy