Mary says that the problem is that it kind of already has been made in the form of DREAMGIRLS. But Mary was not pleased with that project because she never received royalties or had direct input.

The original Broadway production was not the Supremes' story. Too bad it did not have a LAW AND ORDER type of disclaimer

“The following story is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event.”

Despite these definitive words, as anyone who has ever marathoned LAW & ORDER knows, many of said stories take direct inspiration from recent headlines. As a LAW & ORDER fan, I have seen many episodes that reminded me of incidents that happened to celebrities like Michael Jackson, Bill Cosby etc.

The DREAMGIRLS Broadway Play was probably inspired by the Supremes. But the DREAMGIRLS movie totally ripped off the Supremes by copying their album covers and gowns, making it impossible to not think that it is the story was of the Supremes. But it wasn't

I would love to see either a Broadway musical or a movie about the group with their songs intact. It seems that Mary still has that dream and would like to have a movie made about the group. So would I.

https://www.smoothradio.com/news/mus...upremes-movie/