Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
Do you remember Ali vs Frazier I? It was carried over closed circuit to movie theaters all over the country. I remember listening to the round summaries on the radio as I lay in bed struggling to stay awake. I'll never forget how excited the DJ was reporting that Frazier knocked Ali down in round 15 and then announcing that Frazier had won by a decision. It was the Fight Of The Century and lived up to the billing. I was hyped up at school the next day because I was a big Joe Frazier fan.

They're trying to make another Mayweather/Pacquiao fight but there will never ever again be a rivalry of the intensity of Ali vs Frazier.
Do I remember? Are you kidding me? That was the BIGGEST event even to us kids that were in the 5th Grade at the time. March 1971. I remember for weeks leading up to the fight, all the kids would pick sides, pretend we were Ali or Frazier [[mostly Ali). I can remember the morning after the fight and waking up to the news that Ali lost on the Today Show. I may have cried, but I do remember not wanting to go to school that day. That is how big a deal that fight was to us.