I think it's safe to say that the consensus is pairing DRATS with the Tempts was a smart move, even if the output was rather hit and miss. The chemistry was right, which is key to any musical pairing. On the other hand, the fandom seems to be all over the place with thoughts regarding the combo of Jean led Supremes and the Four Tops for a variety of reasons. But I'm curious what you all think about the following scenarios:

1) What if DRATS had been paired with the Four Tops instead of the Tempts? Would Diana and Levi be a good match? Part of what made the tv specials work with DRATS and Tempts is that both groups were excellent show people, great all around entertainers. Would the Tops have come across as well?

2) Do you think the 70s Tempts would've been a better fit for Jean and the girls than Levi and the guys?

3) Had Ruffin remained a Tempt, do you think this would've changed the chemistry for the better or worse or not at all when the Tempts started recording and performing with the Supremes? In other words, would David had been a good duet partner for Diana?

4) Lastly, should the Supremes had been paired with the Tempts and/or Tops during the Flo years? I have to say I personally think anything we would've gotten from the two groups with Florence and David still a part of the unit would've contained a different feeling, the thought of which pleases me more than what we ended up with [[for the most part).

Thoughts?