[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

your pick for Supremes best albums

i was making a playlist for my ipod. i now up to 104 supremes songs and 8 supremes albums.
    of course part of the fun is making my own playlist, in which it occurred to me that i didnt switch any songs out on Love Child , and only one on More Hits....Ask Any Girl was replaced with Owwee Baby only because it was on WDOLG lp and i didnt want to repeat it. leading me to realize that both could be 2 of their best albums of the 60s.
    of course Supremes sing Rogers and Hart is in a class by itself but non the less a favorite of mine.
    my other favorite is Supremes sing HDH but I cant get into Heatwave or Same Old Song, both are missing the funk brothers, although I like the vocals the production is weak so I replaced both songs with the 2 singles from A Go Go . not a fan of this,[[go go) album although the expanded edition made me like it better I just don't like all the covers. although Shake Me Wake Me and This Old Heart Of Mine are good but the rest fails in comparison. i had hoped with the expanded edition of HDH that Kevin Reeves would remix both of those songs.
    my #5 album would be Where Did Our Love Go, although I replaced Kiss Of Fire with Mr Blues.
    actually I made one change on LC,deletting your been wondeful to me and added young folks

your turn
    Last edited by daviddh; 07-05-2019 at 03:53 PM.