Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
That's what I'm saying. Oh in regards to Mary not suing Tony. Didn't his book come out around the time her second book came out? Didn't she fire him? Wasn't it Berry Gordy that threaten to sue him which prevented him from releasing his 3rd book? Makes me wonder if Mary didn't have to get at him to make him leave "the scene" LOL! Any way. I don't like to, but I have sued people before. Sometimes they leave you no choice. Miss Ross, if she felt all these people lied on her in all of these books [[including those by Martha Reeves, Gladys Knight, Patti LaBelle, Bettye LaVette and on and on and on....) she should have sued them to clear her name........that's if none of it were true.
I actually like Diana's approach, which is the way most famous folks do it. Unless you claim something extraordinarily horrible, like Tony Turner did with his proposed third book claiming that Berry Gordy molested him as a youth, and of which Gordy promptly went into legal attack mode, as he should've [[assuming it was false), you let people say whatever they want and you pay them no mind. The things that have been claimed against Diana Ross have been nothing of the sort that should've made her run to her lawyers about anything. Only a few people like yourself who seem overly invested in the goings on in the life of a 75 year old woman who was in her twenties when most of the gossip usually takes place seem to really care about what is said about her. For everything a few people say negatively about her, she keeps pressing on. The proof is in the fruit that she bore, and that would be her children and grandchildren. If you wanna gauge the happiness of a woman of Diana's age, check out the relationship to the children. I've seen it in the women I know personally my whole life. The elderly women who were shitty mothers, you can tell. The good ones? You can tell that too. I suspect that as long Diana Ross has a family that love and respects her and doesn't care what anyone has to say about her, she give you and everyone else nothing as the books are written and the Soulful Detroit posts are created. Never underestimate the love of family. It will outweigh all even when the whole world is against you.