[REMOVE ADS]




Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 163
  1. #51
    Hopefully Diana's new album will come out before CDs and/or downloads cease to exist!!

  2. #52
    As long as it is released on vinyl I am happy!

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    As long as it is released on vinyl I am happy!
    I INSIST it be released on reel-to-reel tape. If it isn't I'm gonna huff and puff and refuse to buy it.

  4. #54
    I'm hopeful about this. It's good news! Wishing the lady all the success she desires for the new project.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I INSIST it be released on reel-to-reel tape. If it isn't I'm gonna huff and puff and refuse to buy it.
    Would you settle for an 8 Track tape? LOL!!!!

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hopefully Diana's new album will come out before CDs and/or downloads cease to exist!!
    It will definitely be available on cd. Despite the rather youthful collabarators lined up for this album the majority of Diana's fans would probably prefer a physical release to a download. Probably will not be out until around Sept 2020. Work does not commence on the project until the latter end of the year.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I wonder if it will sound anything like this

    I suspect at least one track will. Look out for some stellar collaboraters.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    My big fear is that Diana will finally follow One of Mary’s ideas for the first time in 50 years - announce an album that never comes out, like Mary’s HDH album!

    I wonder if my worry will be as grave as Marv’s fear that this will be a hit?

    I think not!
    I think you can rest easy. This album has been in the planning stages since 2016. It almost happened last year.
    As regards Mary's proposed HDH album, i don't think anyone is willing to take a chance on her. She was unable to summon up the interest in the previous millenium so the chances if it appearing in this century is practically zero. Sad but true.
    Last edited by Bluebrock; 06-17-2019 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Not finished the post

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I think you can rest easy. This album has been in the planning stages since 2016. It almost happened last year.
    As regards Mary's proposed HDH album, i don't think anyone is willing to take a chance on her. She was unable to summon up the interest in the previous millenium so the chances if it appearing in this century is practically zero. Sad but true.
    Makes perfect sense. As has been said, she is not well known and generally only appears on local tv.

    I was actually making an oblique suggestion that Marv's worry about a potential release and hit is about 100,000 times greater than my concern that Diana's release goes the way of Mary's. Nothing about Diana is similar to Mary other than they were in a group once 50 years ago.

  10. #60
    It's a really fantastic news for the day. i enjoy her current voice and I'm eager to hear it on new material.
    Just hope she will trust those producers to bring a new sound, even if it's not the one she loves herself.

  11. #61
    I am almost 200% sure that if Diana announced she is recording and that an album/CD/LP will follow is actually going to happen. She use to sing the hell out of "More Today than Yesterday" on just about every show and concert. I really wasn't that fond of the song but she sure loved singing it. I think she is coming out again !!! HAHAHA

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I am almost 200% sure that if Diana announced she is recording and that an album/CD/LP will follow is actually going to happen. She use to sing the hell out of "More Today than Yesterday" on just about every show and concert. I really wasn't that fond of the song but she sure loved singing it. I think she is coming out again !!! HAHAHA
    She's almost 80 years old. It couldn't be too soon.......hehehehehehehehehe! LOL!!!

  13. #63
    This is wonderful news! I do hope Mark produces all (or most) of the project.

    And yes, it MUST be issued on vinyl!
    Last edited by pghmusiclover; 06-17-2019 at 03:58 PM.

  14. #64
    This is amazing news. I really want her to work with Barry Gibb again. I hope he can nab her for a project.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Koach View Post
    This is amazing news. I really want her to work with Barry Gibb again. I hope he can nab her for a project.
    Barry had great new songs on his last solo lp. A Diana cover would be nice.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She's almost 80 years old. It couldn't be too soon.......hehehehehehehehehe! LOL!!!
    Yea...and she's younger than Mary.hehehehehehehehe

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Yea...and she's younger than Mary.hehehehehehehehe
    And happier than Mary and Marv put together

  18. #68
    What I have noticed is that everytime Diana does something new or has a great concert review the forum starts getting all old reviews and interviews that Mary did 25-40 years ago. How ironic and messy and nellie.

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    What I have noticed is that everytime Diana does something new or has a great concert review the forum starts getting all old reviews and interviews that Mary did 25-40 years ago. How ironic and messy and nellie.
    yeah it’s funny there are like 4 Mary stories at the top of this forum — as if she’s the most popular artist on the internet LOL out if curiosity I checked them out and they are old news!

    I’d like to see Diana work with Erykah Badu, who I’m fairly certain said something like her style was channeling Billie Holiday via Diana in “Lady Sings The Blues”.

    While they are not popular these days, I always wanted Diana to work with British band Swing Out Sister.

  20. #70
    For those of you wanting the new Diana on 8-Track, there's hope. Mark Ronson had a limited edition batch of them made for his upcoming album that were sold on his website. They sold out in hours.

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    For those of you wanting the new Diana on 8-Track, there's hope. Mark Ronson had a limited edition batch of them made for his upcoming album that were sold on his website. They sold out in hours.
    WHERE.IS.THE.REEL-TO-REEL???? True audiophiles know it is the only way. Huff...puff...

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    WHERE.IS.THE.REEL-TO-REEL???? True audiophiles know it is the only way. Huff...puff...
    Those reel-to-reel tapes are still being made -- they are prohibitively expensive, in my opinion!

    http://www.elusivedisc.com/New-Reel-...products/2976/

  23. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by pghmusiclover View Post
    Those reel-to-reel tapes are still being made -- they are prohibitively expensive, in my opinion!

    http://www.elusivedisc.com/New-Reel-...products/2976/
    WOW! This is a long running "joke" on my part. I had no idea that reel-to-reel tapes were actually still being produced. I'm sure there is someone out there who insists. LOL!!!!

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    WOW! This is a long running "joke" on my part. I had no idea that reel-to-reel tapes were actually still being produced. I'm sure there is someone out there who insists. LOL!!!!
    I feel that way about 8-tracks so I was surprised to see Mark Ronson offering one — along with a Mini-disc (which look cute, but I never owned any or a player — Diana’s “Every Day Is A New Day” was released in that MD format).

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    For those of you wanting the new Diana on 8-Track, there's hope. Mark Ronson had a limited edition batch of them made for his upcoming album that were sold on his website. They sold out in hours.
    Seriously?

  26. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    For those of you wanting the new Diana on 8-Track, there's hope. Mark Ronson had a limited edition batch of them made for his upcoming album that were sold on his website. They sold out in hours.
    LOLOLOLOL. Those 8 tracks were so large and clunky. 4 of them filled my Dads Ford Pinto. LOL

  27. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    LOLOLOLOL. Those 8 tracks were so large and clunky. 4 of them filled my Dads Ford Pinto. LOL
    And many of them changed tracks in the middle of a song!

  28. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I am almost 200% sure that if Diana announced she is recording and that an album/CD/LP will follow is actually going to happen.....!! HAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She's almost 80 years old. It couldn't be too soon.......hehehehehehehehehe! LOL!!!
    Marv, It sounds like you are wishing her to die in the near future and she shouldn't make any plans. Shame on you an all your negativity to this thread.

    "have you no sense of decency sir at long last have you no shame"

    Last edited by milven; 06-18-2019 at 06:34 PM.

  29. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    LOLOLOLOL. Those 8 tracks were so large and clunky. 4 of them filled my Dads Ford Pinto. LOL
    But they all burned up when the Pinto exploded?

  30. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Marv, It sounds like you are wishing her to die in the near future and she shouldn't make any plans. Shame on you an all your negativity to this thread.

    "have you no sense of decency sir at long last have you no shame"

    Quite simply, from someone who has been a member here for years, the answer is 'no'. A disgusting person.

  31. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hopefully Diana's new album will come out before CDs and/or downloads cease to exist!!
    CD's ain't dying any time soon lol iTunes is dead on Mac computers lol

    If vinyl and cassettes can make a comeback, I don't expect CD's to leave. Streaming can't replace everything. Stop believing the fake news.

  32. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    CD's ain't dying any time soon lol iTunes is dead on Mac computers lol

    If vinyl and cassettes can make a comeback, I don't expect CD's to leave. Streaming can't replace everything. Stop believing the fake news.
    The "death of iTunes" is really a repackaging/remarketing ploy; all the functions of iTunes will remain for Mac users under a different umbrella.

    Back on topic: I am overjoyed for the return of Miss Ross! Can't wait for her to slay all the dragons.

  33. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    The "death of iTunes" is really a repackaging/remarketing ploy; all the functions of iTunes will remain for Mac users under a different umbrella.

    Back on topic: I am overjoyed for the return of Miss Ross! Can't wait for her to slay all the dragons.
    Then people fell for the fake news again. I had only read that iTunes on Windows would continue like normal lol (even HITS Daily Double ran with it).

    But anyway, yeah I hope she puts it out soon.

  34. #84
    On a couple of recent threads regarding suggestions about what Diana's latest project should be , there were lots of clever ideas about producers and album themes, but I don't remember a single one saying what she needs to do is release an album of songs written by her children....

    Maybe it's pure genius , we'll see!! (Or will we?? )

  35. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    On a couple of recent threads regarding suggestions about what Diana's latest project should be , there were lots of clever ideas about producers and album themes, but I don't remember a single one saying what she needs to do is release an album of songs written by her children....

    Maybe it's pure genius , we'll see!! (Or will we?? )
    It is highly unlikely many songs written by her children will make the final cut.

  36. #86
    She didn't mention Rhonda writing any songs which I could see on a track with her.

  37. #87
    Now if Diana could do an extended tour of South East England over a period of 1-2 years in promotion of this new album which with its eight #1 worldwide hits manages to please both long time fans and attract newer audiences, my Diana dream can come true.

  38. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    The "death of iTunes" is really a repackaging/remarketing ploy; all the functions of iTunes will remain for Mac users under a different umbrella.

    Back on topic: I am overjoyed for the return of Miss Ross! Can't wait for her to slay all the dragons.
    So iTunes isn't dying sans? Even on windows?! Apple can be frustrating at times, but damn I like their stylish minimalist approach to technology.

  39. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    So iTunes isn't dying sans? Even on windows?! Apple can be frustrating at times, but damn I like their stylish minimalist approach to technology.
    This whole transition has been widely mis-reported in the tech press.

    Apple is breaking iTunes into its constituent parts - Music, Podcasts, Apps. This is a long time coming. iTunes has been too bloated for too long. It's not a "marketing ploy" either. Apple finally listened to developers who complained endlessly about iBloat. Try writing anything that depends on iTunes and see how "fun" it is. There is a reason there was a long applause when Apple announced the demise of iTunes at WWDC. It is a developer conference, after all.

    The iTunes app will remain on the upcoming MacOS10.15 update for people who, ahem, like 8-track tapes, eg. those who refuse to move along when it comes to technology. It just won't be promoted (as a default to open files) or supported, except for bug-fixes. iTunes on Windows will remain the same (for now).

    If you don't like Apple's approach to music, there is a thriving secondhand market for Microsoft Zunes. Have fun with that.

  40. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    On a couple of recent threads regarding suggestions about what Diana's latest project should be , there were lots of clever ideas about producers and album themes, but I don't remember a single one saying what she needs to do is release an album of songs written by her children....

    Maybe it's pure genius , we'll see!! (Or will we?? )
    I doubt that it's "an album of songs written by her children..." -- probably more like a song or two.

  41. #91
    Evan and Ashley are actually pretty good song writers. Rhonda is also good. If they contributed a song or two it would not be the end of the world.

  42. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Evan and Ashley are actually pretty good song writers. Rhonda is also good. If they contributed a song or two it would not be the end of the world.
    Diana Ross does the Evan/Ashley songbook. Now we're talkin'.

  43. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    So iTunes isn't dying sans? Even on windows?! Apple can be frustrating at times, but damn I like their stylish minimalist approach to technology.
    Thanxal answered this perfectly above.

  44. #94
    Don't want to get our hopes up to high. It took Nile Rodgers a couple of years to finally get the new Chic album released. But -- as I have said before -- I would love Ross to work with Alicia Keys or Raphael Saadiq, who both have expressed interest in working with Ross before. Also really like the work that Emeli Sandé is doing.

  45. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Diana Ross does the Evan/Ashley songbook. Now we're talkin'.
    You need to STOP! Bustin' out LOL!!!!!!

  46. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You need to STOP! Bustin' out LOL!!!!!!

    well it reeks of desperation , acting excited about this.

    A sincere Diana Ross fan should help and guide her with , "we know you love your bratty kids , but please don't do this to us !!! "

  47. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    well it reeks of desperation , acting excited about this.

    A sincere Diana Ross fan should help and guide her with , "we know you love your bratty kids , but please don't do this to us !!! "
    I can imagine the desperation some may be experiencing when you think about the fact that Diana has had only 2 releases of new and semi new material in 20 years. I don't think there are really any hot producers and songwriters out there pursuing her. She should have done that Tyler Perry movie! LOL!

  48. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I can imagine the desperation some may be experiencing when you think about the fact that Diana has had only 2 releases of new and semi new material in 20 years. I don't think there are really any hot producers and songwriters out there pursuing her. She should have done that Tyler Perry movie! LOL!
    Marv. Please give it a break. Let it go. It must be so stressful for you. We can see your overwhelming jealousy. You can’t stand it !! Lol Ever since it was announced that Diana Ross is going to be working on a new album and with one of the hottest producers in business! I feel sorry for you. I truly do.

  49. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Marv. Please give it a break. Let it go. It must be so stressful for you. We can see your overwhelming jealousy. You can’t stand it !! Lol Ever since it was announced that Diana Ross is going to be working on a new album and with one of the hottest producers in business! I feel sorry for you. I truly do.
    You're self deluded. I have not seen anywhere in any trade news or industry news about an upcoming "Diana Ross" album. She just blurted that out. She does not even have a recording contract anymore. You're fantasizing. You should have been around when she meant something in the industry.........

  50. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You're self deluded. I have not seen anywhere in any trade news or industry news about an upcoming "Diana Ross" album. She just blurted that out. She does not even have a recording contract anymore. You're fantasizing. You should have been around when she meant something in the industry.........
    If that makes you sleep better at night in not believing her! Lol. I can’t imagine how stressed you’ll be when a trade or news industry reports this!! LOL.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 06-19-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.