ok - gonna change it up a little bit. This time let's discuss her 3 debut albums for her three labels. In addition to what songs you liked or didn't like, how do you think it launched her time on that label? how well did it "kick things off?"

DR 1970 - overall i think it's a stunning album. and of course Mountain is a fav song of mine. I think the inclusion of These Things is right and wrong. it's right to add something a bit more pop to the set in order to give some variety. but it's quite out of place. perhaps if A&S did most of the tracks and then another producer or two added a few. a bit more variety, like Right On

WDFFIL - i actually like the lp. certainly not her most groundbreaking work. The solo version of Endless Love is ghastly although i get why they wanted to do it. just should have done a better version. The rest of Side One is strong - title track, Mirror, Sweet Surrender. Side 2 has strong points but Two Can Make It could use a bit more oomph

WO - overall this is not a fav of mine. there's just too much straining. Clearly the producer did not do his homework in understanding what keys and range his artist could sing in. There are some moments though - Bottom Line is dated but still a good track. What baffles me with this set is that, by this time, i thought Diana had full control of her career. and if the lp wasn't finished or ready, why rush it? she should have had some authority to say - we need more time.