[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Fantastic four

Fantastic four

Can someone post writer and producer credits for tracks on The Best of The Fantastic Four?
    Has anyone noticed how similar F4's Just The Lonely is to the Temptations' Just Another Lonely Night?

Here you go Kam,

1. I Love You Madly/ M Hanks W Garrett

2. Whole World is a Stage/A Hamilton, E Hamilton,E Wingate

3.You Gave me Something[[and everythings alright) A Hamiliton, R Savoy, N Toney, W Garrett

4. I've Got To Have You/A Hamilton, Garrett , H Weems

5. To Share Your Love/A Braggs, D Malone

6 Goddess of Love/N Toney-A Hamiliton

7.Cant Stop Looking for My Baby/R McGraw, A Hamilton

8.As Long As I Live/[[Toney-Hamilton-Garrett)

9. Man In Love/Garrett, Wingate, Weems,A Hamilton

10.Romeo and Juliette's I dont Want To Live Without You [[Hamilton, Weems, Garrett, J Varner

11 Just The Lonely/N Toney, A Hamilton, R Morris)

Actually Kam, Just The Lonely sounds like a mash up of The Tempts song and The Four Tops Ask The lonely......lol..

Sorry about the production credits , as these songs were re-released on the Motown label and were recorded outside of Motown I wouldn't begin to guess, outside of their writing stable of Hamilton, Weems, Toney and Garrett, your guess is as good as mine. I had most of these tunes when they were released on 45. I may have a couple left somewhere........but if memory serves their writers were most often their producers as well. I clearly recall seeing their names as producers on the 45's.

They were actually the biggest selling group on the Ric Tic Label. Hope this helps they were a wonderful group.

Note: The FF could mimic the Tempts harmonies like their yeah, yeah, yeah, on Whole World is a Stage, and they also borrowed their trademark "hand claps" [[within the song) on You Gave me Something.....quite clever if you ask me, The Tempts had become the standard bearers and these guys did what they had to do to get noticed. Years later they followed the lead of the Temptations again with their cut the opus "Alvin Stone Birth of A Gangster" ........but puttin those observations aside these guys were the real deal.

A great help. Thanks!!! Now who was A. Hamilton?

Love THE FANTASTIC FOUR ..

However I think "Love You Madly" sounds more like a recording by THE TEMPTATIONS than "Just The Lonely" ever did.

I have four of their RicTic 45s ..

RT122 ..

"The Whole World Is A Stage"
    Written by R. Savoy, A. Hamilton, E. Wingate
    Produced by Al Kent and E. Wingate
    B/W
    "Ain't Love Wonderful"
    Written by A. Hamilton, E. Wingate, H. Weems
    Produced by Kent, Wingate & Weems.

RT128 ..

"You Gave Me Something [[ And Everythings Alright )"
    Written By A. Hamilton, R. Savoy, Toney, Garrett
    Produced By Kent, Wingate, Weems.
    Arranged by Mike Terry.
    B/W
    "Romeo And Juliet's "I Don't Wanna Live Without You [[Play)""
    Written by A. Hamilton, H. Weems, W.Garrett, J.Varner
    Produced by Kent, Wingate, Weems and Garrett
    Arranged By Mike Terry.

RT130 ..
    "As Long As I Live [[ I Live For You)"
    Written by N.Toney, A. Kent, W. Garrett
    Produced By N. Toney, H.Weems, A. Kent, W. Garrett
    Arranged by Mike Terry
    B/W
    "To Share Your Love"
    Written By A. Braggs, D.Malone
    Produced by E. Wingate and A. Kent

RT137 ..

"Man In Love"
    Written By W. Garrett, A. Kent, H. Weems, E. Wingate
    Produced by Garrett, Kent, Weems, Wingate
    A Wingate Production
    B/W
    "No Love Like Your Love"
    Written By W. Garrett, A. Kent, H. Weems, E. Wingate
    Produced by Garrett, Kent, Weems, Wingate
    A Wingate Production

Roger

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  21.1 KB
    A. Hamilton was Al Hamilton [[A.K.A. Al Kent). He produced most of The Fantastic Four's Ric Tic sessions. George Clinton produced Ric Tic 119 "I've Got To Live Up To What She Thinks". Al Kent produced "Can't Stop Looking For My Baby" [[Ric Tic 121), Ric Tic 122-"The Whole World is a Stage", Ric Tic 128-"You gave Me Something [[and everything's Alright), Ric Tic 130-"As long As I Live[[I Live For You) was produced by Al Kent, [[along with Norma Toney, William Garrett and H. Weems)-But I'm sure Al Kent ran the session. Ric Tic 134-"As Long As The Feeling's Still There"-was listed as produced by Al Kent, H. Weems and W. Garrett. Ric Tic 137-"Man In Love"-produced by Kent, Weems, Garrett. Ric Tic139-"I've Got To Have You"-produced by Kent, Weems and Garrett. Ric Tic 144 "I Love You Madly" was produced by Mike Hanks [[also released on Motown's Soul Records during the last part of it's run on the charts).

More thanks!!!!

I know Ive said this before but i absoultely LOVE HIDEWAY from their Westbound era.