[REMOVE ADS]

Any opera fans out there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcTzvHDzDjs

Opera singers don't look like they used to. This is Anna Netrebko [[Russian). What a beautiful voice and love "Song of the Moon".

I used to like opera...after seeing her, I can honestly say I LOVE opera!!

Best,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark speck View Post
    I used to like opera...after seeing her, I can honestly say I LOVE opera!!

Best,

Mark
    http://www.scenicreflections.com/fil...paper_JxHy.jpg

Well Mark, this picture of Anna Netrebo should seal your love of opera! Opera singers don't look like they used to! I think many have personal trainers and a stylist, etc. Anna is a great Russian soprano and sings at the Metropolitan Opera a lot in New York. Anna's CD's and DVD's are for sale on amazon, amongst other outlets. Enjoy!

I saw my first opera about 10 years ago called The Elixir of Love. The tickets were free so I just went expecting not to enjoy it. It was wonderful!

NO. I love Classical but don't like Opera.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_james View Post
    NO. I love Classical but don't like Opera.
    I hear you. I didn't initially like opera, either. Sometimes if you start with an opera that's approachable and pretty, it makes it more likable....i.e. "Madame Butterfly". If you know the story-line, it helps, too. I was amazed at what went into the training of an opera singer, the types of voices [[not all soprano's sing the same things....there's lyric voice [[Handel, Mozart), spinto [[Verdi) coloratura [[belcanto roles as Norma, Lucia di Lammermoor) , dramatic [[heavier Wagnerian roles) and so on. Also, understanding the structure of an opera....recititives, aria's, etc. OK...that's my little opera 101 class. As far as classical goes....love Mahler.