Quote Originally Posted by Fullfillingnessfirstfinale View Post
Both are talented singers and youīre right ranran with the argument, that not only Berry Gordy was responsible for Dianaīs success, she worked hard and was very talented. Because Iīm a Dionne Warwick-Fan Iīm not so familiar with Dianaīs career, one of the later albums which I prefer was "The force behind the power". I canīt say if there some bad albums by her. Itīs interesting that nobody say something about Dionneīs Warner Bros years, escpecially the HDH album. Until today I canīt say it is amazing or the greatest worst thing she ever recorded and that point makes it special and sophisticated. My favorite track is an album track "Donīt burn the bridge [[that you took across)" Every time, when I hear it, I think HDH try to do a B/D thing with her. I would be very curious, if Diana Ross handle the material of "Just being myself"
Dionne's Just Being Myself is my favorite of the Warner Bros albums. I think with a different mix, most of those songs Diana could've done without a problem. But Dionne's Arista period is where it's at for me.