Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
I guess they figured if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It is interesting how little the act changed. I like to read through old reviews and /or watch old videos and I was surprised to see that they were doing things like QUEEN OF THE HOUSE as late as 1968. But when JML reverted to TCB and SOMEWHERE, that was too much. Even as late as 1976, when Diana dropped THE LADY IS A TRAMP from the act [[after 10 years), Berry made her put it back in.

I agree though that the Sam Cooke Medley was killer in Amsterdam. I only wish there was also video of Flo doing it with them and not the weirdly-done version in the Orient video. I also liked how instead of doing of her own tried and true rendition of SOMEWHERE [[complete with monologue), for her 1973 act, Diana did Aretha's version.
The bootleg of the Orient video is what we all got, chopped up and all. But there's every reason to believe that the uncut, unchopped version of it still exists, right? I thought I saw a clean version of a few clips on a TV special at some point, if I'm not mistaken.