[REMOVE ADS]

The Velvelettes Live

These Things Will Keep Me Loving You. Not sure if this was posted before. Does anyone know what show this was? Cal seems a little awkward to me. Annette and Sandra vg though far away! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRX2Z...eature=related

I think it's "Swinging Time" Luke. It's a local Detroit show.

ColtonThomas told us about this on the old SD ..he also posted the Elgins Heaven Must have Sent You and later on he posted what he had of "Needle In A Haystack but the intro was cut slightly. They were all rare performances and I was overjoyed to see them all.

Cal awkward?? Do you mean, in awe of what is happening. Maybe. But you know I am gonna support her to the hilt.

It's worth noting that those routines are very strict. They may look simple but the ladies have to practise and practise. Cal needs to watch Annette and Sandy very carefully to make sure that she co-incides her input at the right time.

The performance that Cal wants to see again is when they donned Batman outfits. Watch out for that one.

miss_lish Guest
    The more I learn about these gals, the more I love 'em! This is great! Charismatic and excellent choreography!

I love Cal-she just seemed a bit stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I think it's "Swinging Time" Luke. It's a local Detroit show.

ColtonThomas told us about this on the old SD ..he also posted the Elgins Heaven Must have Sent You and later on he posted what he had of "Needle In A Haystack but the intro was cut slightly. They were all rare performances and I was overjoyed to see them all.

Cal awkward?? Do you mean, in awe of what is happening. Maybe. But you know I am gonna support her to the hilt.

It's worth noting that those routines are very strict. They may look simple but the ladies have to practise and practise. Cal needs to watch Annette and Sandy very carefully to make sure that she co-incides her input at the right time.

The performance that Cal wants to see again is when they donned Batman outfits. Watch out for that one.
    "Swinging Time " was a Canadian show broadcast on CKLW Channel 9 when I was a kid.

Luke
    I am not sure if this while be beneficial to you or not;

http://www.researchvideo.com/footage...ngin-time.html

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    "Swinging Time " was a Canadian show broadcast on CKLW Channel 9 when I was a kid.
    Thank you for the correction. I knew it was a show that Detroiters were able to watch on their TV's.

Just seen the Velvelettes perform for the first time having bought their records 40 years ago....the style, elegance and panache is as evident today as all those years ago when recorded..stunning lead... simply superb..thanks for the post

Great-thx captain!

Luke

That link had a picture of the Velvelettes in their Batman outfits. I can't seem to buy a copy of the TV broadcast though....I wish I could find a way to get it.

honest man Guest
    is the ELGINS CLIP STILL ON YOU TUBE,can't find it. please

Honest

I sent it to you!!!

Did you not get it?

I'd like to see Needle In A Haystack....

uptight Guest
    This clip gets better with every viewing. Totally looks like Cholly Atkins' choreography. They don't look awkward to me, but it is "local" television. The placement of the girls apart from each other might be the awkward part. But it's still very nice.

Was that standard choreography in the 60's because they've got her farther out front the other Velvelettes than Diana ever got away from Mary and Flo.

honest man Guest
    JohnXtown, it was a WMA i got from you, ha is the offer still there mate ,cheers.

A Velvelettes live performance is now the holy grail for me having missed out narrowly some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    A Velvelettes live performance is now the holy grail for me having missed out narrowly some years ago.
    Mystery

If you know of a promoter in your area, I know of 4 ladies who would simply love to give you that holy grail!

*smile*

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Was that standard choreography in the 60's because they've got her farther out front the other Velvelettes than Diana ever got away from Mary and Flo.
    IT was probably a TV show director's decision done for better viewing, but to let the NUTSO Supremes conspiracists tell it, Diana Ross was the only lead singer to stand so far out in front of her group members.