[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Gary!
    Billy Vaughn, don't know why I was expecting a vocalist, and maybe he does sing some , but it appears his forte was orchestral. I like what I heard from your link! I'm now vaguely familiar with him . Will listen more. I've never shied away from Percy Faith , Henry Mancini etc. and I am not above an occasional listen to Mantovani or Ferranti and Tiecher [[ but I kind of draw the line at Lawrence Welk or Liberace.)--- I've lately decided my all time favorite song is MOON RIVER , instrumentally by Henry Mancini, but preferably as sung by Andy Williams.
    And I like real instruments , the more the better , which is why Motown and Philly appeal so much to me. Whenever I hear that a song is 'overproduced' , I get interested .lol!

As for TSOP, what a massive amount of output for such a short period. Those were truly dedicated musicians who loved their craft and practically worked around the clock it seems. I wonder why The Sweethearts never got their own session/project?

My experience of the throbbing groove of I LOVE MUSIC thumping off the walls of Hollywood's Studio One above a packed dancefloor can never be topped. A great era indeed.
    What are your favorite PI releases Gary?
    Do you include Richie Rome as PI?

And yes, Tom Moulton cannot be given enough credit for the direction some music took around '73-'74 that then came to be known as 'disco'. He had his finger on the pulse of a movement.

Hey , btw, I never lived in Detroit. My family, while on summer vacation in '71 , was driving through there when we saw Al Green's name on the marque. Believe it or not, my parents had no reservations about dropping their two teenaged sons off that night to attend , while they went bar hopping . LOL!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 06-20-2019 at 02:40 AM.