[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post

3. motown's lack of huge support - i'm repeating what has been told on here. But motown wanted It's All Been Said but Pedro/Mary demanded HMM. Motown frankly didn't have any interest in the group and had wished Mary had just retired when J and L left. Also they had no interest in Mary as a lead singer of the group. Whatever minimal promotion the group MIGHT have gotten for IABSB evaporated when the group pushed motown to release a song sung by a lead singer they weren't interested in supporting.
    Sup where is the info for Motown wanting "Been Said Before" as the first single coming from? I would think if they were interested in the group at all they would not have wanted to send them out of the gate with Scherrie on a cover version as Bobby Hutton had already done the song in 1973.

A few books listed It’s All Been Said Before was supposed to be the first single but was pulled for HMM. But I highly doubt Mary or Pedro had the power to demand Motown to change singles.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Sup where is the info for Motown wanting "Been Said Before" as the first single coming from? I would think if they were interested in the group at all they would not have wanted to send them out of the gate with Scherrie on a cover version as Bobby Hutton had already done the song in 1973.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    A few books listed It’s All Been Said Before was supposed to be the first single but was pulled for HMM. But I highly doubt Mary or Pedro had the power to demand Motown to change singles.
    Oh okay. Well we had a long discussion not long ago in another thread about Mary and Pedro's power or lack thereof. I was one of the ones who do not believe that Mary nor Pedro had the power to get Motown to release anything it did not want to release. Diana Ross didn't even have that power, so you know Mary Wilson wasn't going to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    It is mentioned in the track listings on the Anthology double cd from the 80's. It says the release was cancelled, but i think it had been given a catalogue number.