Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
I got the Supremes anthology for Christmas the year b4 I fell in love with Diana Ross. then Do You Know Where your Going was #1. I was kinda young then but by 1976 I was working a fast food joint and had a few dollars,.
loved the artwork and how diana looked. beautiful
loved Love Hangover which I why I bought the album. then I loved the album,i think we can all agree Kiss Me Now should have stayed a B side .sounded like a leftover from Last Time I Saw Him. although I do like it.
I think I would have went with To Love Again or Sorry Doesn't Always make it right , which was a single a few months earlier. but typical Motown.
this album has always been my introduction to Diana after the Supremes so I have always had a soft spot for it and still play it often. great bunch of songs, I think there could have been one more single and I would have held the Hits album back to Christmas shopping and contined to promote DR76. and yes why another album called DR???????? seriously, who came up with this. we couldn't have called the lp Love Hangover .
It was indeed a dumb decision to called this album "Diana Ross". Love Hangover would have been the obvious title for the album. We also got two albums called "Ross" and two called "Diana" if you include the tv soundtrack album. I despaired at such strange decisions.
I have actually grown to like"kiss me now" but it still sounds strangely out of place on this otherwise excellent and cohesive album. This was one of those multi producer sets that worked a treat.