[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Diana's performance was dazzling and the loving moments between her and BG were so sweet! She was in fine voice. Time to release another jazz album! Loved that Mary got lots of airtime as well during the Supremes and Motown history segments. She looks beautiful. Smokey sounded wonderful as well during his performances. I also liked Ne-Yo.
    I agree. Aside from the obvious criticisms, I thought the special was very entertaining. For me, Diana's performance was the moment of the night but Smokey and Stevie also turned in good ones as well. And it was also nice to see an IN MEMORIAM segment devoted to some of the Motowners no longer with us.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I agree. Aside from the obvious criticisms, I thought the special was very entertaining. For me, Diana's performance was the moment of the night but Smokey and Stevie also turned in good ones as well. And it was also nice to see an IN MEMORIAM segment devoted to some of the Motowners no longer with us.

Regarding the Memoriam segment, the Marvelettes still can't get no respect from the company they helped build! Not even a mention of Gladys Horton or Georgeanna Tillman. I don't even recall seeing a photo of Beans Bowles, Cholly Atkins, Maxine Powell or Maurice King! ZERO mention of Gladys Knight and the Pips or the Elgins. They didn't even honor Berry Gordy's parents, his sisters or his brothers who all had a hand in building Motown. No Miss Ray at all! They can bite me over that one!