I have recently added to my collection a beautiful signed photo of The Supremes. The seller was actually the original recipient and is parting with her childhood autograph collection. I asked her for the provenance of the photo which she provided, but I want to be sure her story is correct as I'm a bit hesitant her memory is 100% accurate as to when and where she received the signatures. I have absolutely no doubt the signatures are genuine, that is not my concern. I have several items signed by the DMF trio and am very familiar with their signatures. I know you never ask a lady her age, but from what I gather the recipient was under 10 years old at the time, so her memories of the meeting and the particulars may be clouded due to being young at the time, and the passing of over 50 years. Heck, I'm 42 years old and honestly cannot remember much from the age of 10!

At any rate, the lady was the daughter of a ABC executive and was privileged to have access to almost any TV show stage in the mid-60's. She said she was in the wings for the Supremes' appearance on "Shindig!" in 1965 and received the signed photo at that time. She put a question mark after Shindig! as she was not 100% sure that was the show she saw. Here are my two questions. The photo that was signed is the same as the one below. I thought this photo was more circa 1966. Can anyone tell me for sure what year this particular photo shoot took place?

My second question.....IF the photo is post '65 as I think it is, did the Supremes appear on any other ABC show in 1966? Compared to many other members of this forum, I am still somewhat new to the Motown scene, really seriously starting to collect in 2012. I would appreciate any help with my questions.
Thank you,
Darin

Name:  Supremes Photo.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  86.4 KB