[REMOVE ADS]

'The Bodyguard' to get a more modern remake

'The Bodyguard' to get a more modern remake

Cue the "has Hollywood officially run out of ideas?" comments now: "The Bodyguard" is the latest movie to get a big-screen reboot.

The 1992 film — which spawned a best-selling soundtrack that included "I Will Always Love You," "I'm Every Woman" and "I Have Nothing" — starred Kevin Costner as a Secret Service Agent assigned with protecting a singer [[Whitney Houston) from a crazed fan. While safeguarding her body, he also captures her heart.

According to Deadline, the new movie will have a more modern twist. This time around, it's an Iraq war vet trying to keep the diva out of danger, and thanks to today's world of Twitter, Google Maps, and TMZ that won't be easy.

As of yet, no actors are attached to this tuned-up version of "The Bodyguard," which begs the question: Who would you like to see in the leading roles?

Why can't they just leave well enough alone ! Hollywood is getting lazier by the day ! SMH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeeTee[[HPK) View Post
    Why can't they just leave well enough alone ! Hollywood is getting lazier by the day ! SMH !!!!
    I agree. HOPE this is not remade.

RossHolloway Guest
    Has Hollywood totally run out of original ideas already?

Poor hollywood,now they are retooling recent movies..kinda like the music industry.

smark21 Guest
    Remakes have always been a part of Hollywood history. For instance the Humphrey Bogart version of The Maltese Falcon was the third filming of that story [[done previously in 1931 and 1936 [[as Satan Met a Lady)). I wonder who will be cast in the Whitney Houston role?

topdiva1 Guest
    As if anyone is begging for a remake of this.