Like reachoutuk, I bought Baby Love with my pocket money having seen The Supremes, on Ready, Steady Go, sing Where Did Our Love Go and then Baby Love whilst smothering a seated Keith Fordyce with lipstick covered kisses [[I'd love to see that clip again)

This was the start of my lifelong appreciation of the Motown Sound. Even now, if I'm at an office Christmas party, wedding reception/party, walking in shops and watching TV adverts, Motown music is always played. It may have originated in the USA but it has become embedded in the fabric of the UK.

I take a different view to that of Tailspinner above, perhaps because I did not originate from those areas, Motown, for me, had nothing to do with colour, race etc. It was just fantastic music from attractive and talented artists.

I can still remember the rush to my college dancefloor when Stoned Love was being played. Friends who liked heavy metal etc. would join in and enjoy the positive and uplifting vibe.

My children have grown up with Motown music and know the words of many songs. One has her eye on my box sets when the time comes

Long may the UK's appreciation of Motown music continue.