Reflections

I'm Gonna Make You Love Me

Stoned Love

while the girls had lots of amazing songs, these three really surprised me that they didn't make it to the pop #1 spot. Was wondering if they had slightly less tv exposure which might have contributed

Reflections - first performed on TV over 2 months after it's release. And that aired as the song was starting to slide down from it's top spot. Had they performed on Ed Sullivan or a big show in the summer, might it have gone #1? Did the Flo exit and/or name change play a role? Other songs in the top were Ode To Billie, The Letter, Come back when you grow up, Never my love

IGMYLM - Grapevine seems to have been the blocking force here. and that's a massive song. But had the Sups and Tempts maybe done a Sullivan or big network performance of the song, would it have helped? Maybe something in the weeks after TCB? the single was released late Nov and the special was early Dec.

Stoned Love - was released mid October when I'll Be There was #1. SL peaked at #7 the week of 12/19. Other big songs were Tears of a Clown, I think i love you, gypsy woman, My sweet lord, One less bell to answer, knock three times. The girls were on the Merv Griffin show in early nov [[i think this is the episode where the song was edited out). And Tom Jones in Nov too. Also in nov was the Ford Theater special - anyone know what they performed on that? Flip Wilson aired first week of Jan.