[REMOVE ADS]

Diaa Ross'Most Streamed Songs in the UK

To celebrate her 75th birthday the OCC have produced a list of Diana Ross's top 40 Most Streamed Songs in the UK.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-songs__25901/

With so many hits, we've looked into which of her tracks are proving the most popular in the streaming era by looking at plays in the UK across all the major services - including Spotify, Deezer and Apple Music - which the Official Charts Company started tracking in 2014.

Diana's most streamed song overall is I'm Coming Out, the Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards-produced single from her 1980 Diana album. The record was the singer's last on her Motown contract, and as such, Nile wanted to help Diana make a statement that she was ready to step out on her own. I'm Coming Out was also inspired by the LGBT community: Nile noticed Diana's music and image was popular in gay clubs and with drag queens and believed she needed a fitting song to open her shows. To date, it's notched up 19.1 million plays in the UK.

1981's Endless Love takes second place on Diana's most streamed chart with 14.6 million plays. The duet with Lionel Richie was recorded for the film adaptation of Scott Spencer's novel of the same name and launched Lionel's solo career, topping the charts in America and peaking at Number 7 in the UK. Diana recorded a solo version of the song for her album Why Do Fools Fall In Love, while Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross' cover released in 1994 has 4.6 million plays.

Of Diana's two UK Number 1 singles as a soloist, the Bee Gees-produced Chain Reaction from 1986 is in fourth place with 6.4 million plays, while her other, 1971's I'm Still Waiting, ranks seventh overall. Her most recent UK chart entry, 2005's Number 2-peaking Westlife collaboration When You Tell me That You Love Me, places ninth. Her 1991 solo version, which also topped out at Number 2, is at 14.

Diana's most streamed single as Diana Ross & The Supremes is I'm Gonna Make You Love Me, which the group released with fellow Motown act The Temptations in 1968. The track trailed a duets album by both acts, which spent four weeks at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart in 1969. The following summer, Diana had parted ways with the group and launched her solo career with Reach Out and Touch [[Somebody's Hand). The soul ballad was a moderate hit in the UK, topping out at Number 33, but has endured in the UK and ranks 20th in her most played songs.

Elsewhere, cult disco favourite The Boss places 15th despite only reaching Number 40 upon its original 1979 release, and a sprinkling of Diana's singles released during her years signed to RCA records feature: Marvin Gaye tribute Missing You is at 21 and the Michael Jackson-penned Muscles from her 1982 album Silk Electric is at 31.

It should be noted that this only includes songs from the change of name from THe Supremes to Diana Ross & The Supremes i.e. Reflections onwards.

Undoubtedly You Can't Hurry Love and Baby Love would be top 5 - YCHL probaby top 3.
    Last edited by florence; 03-26-2019 at 02:21 PM.

In the past year Diana has been awarded four Siver Discs in the UK for sales in excess of 200k SINCE 1994.

You Can't Hurry Love [[Supremes)
    Baby Love [[Supremes)
    I'm Coming Out
    Endless Love [[with Lionel Richie)
    Last edited by florence; 03-26-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Apologies for misspelling of Diana's name in title - I can't see how to change this.

Interesting list.
    WDFFIL is 25 !

Lists are always interesting; just because it was a very popular song in 1960, doesn't necessarily mean it will be now. I'm pretty tired of You Can't Hurry Love no matter how popular it is.

Thanks for the link florence. Really interesting to see Diana's most popular songs today.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    Interesting list.
    WDFFIL is 25 !
    It's one of her top 5 selling singles in the UK.
    Last edited by florence; 03-27-2019 at 03:29 PM.

It's very interesting to see the number of duets in that list of songs. It doesn't surprise me that You Are Everything is so high up. This is a fantastic song on so many fronts.

Very interesting information!

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    It's one of her top 5 seliing singles in the UK.
    Fan opinion of the WDFFIL single always puzzles me. Yes, radio airplay may have been guaranteed following the success of the diana LP and Endless Love, but sales were the result of people enjoying the song. This was a huge seller for Diana in 1981, one of her biggest selling solo singles...