[REMOVE ADS]

Will Record Labels Soon Have A Sirius Problem?

I don't love the idea of SiriusXM and Pandora being one company (monoply!!) but streaming has been the way to go for years now. Record labels have always been greedy, lazy, and slow to adapt to change. It's their responsibility to meet these challenges. (Sidebar: funny how during the lp years fans carped against record labels for above-noted behaviors as well as lack of profit distribution with record makers but now that the record industry has all but collapsed the same fans have transferred their complaints for satellite radio and streaming services, pining for the golden days of the lp).

I recently saw the number one album in January 2019 sold 1300 copies one week and 800 the next

Sales of anything physical are done

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I recently saw the number one album in January 2019 sold 1300 copies one week and 800 the next

Sales of anything physical are done
    Seems like. A generational shift to be sure. It is what it is.

Yeah, it's all streaming these days.

Why bother buying a 12-song CD for 8.99 when you can pay not even double that to listen to (almost) every goddamn song in the world (albeit on a monthly basis)...

These articles are boring me lol