[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Then Diana Ross is just crazy. I don't know has been telling you this.
    Probably that same friend of Rob's who talks to diana on the phone once a year.

There's nothing to the relationship; there is none today; there was 40 years ago. For some fans, the flame burns. So be it if it helps them be happy. As Diana said, she might stop singing too someday just like she stopped being a part of the Supremes; as things have turned out, there will be no reunions, no Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, just a few acknowledgements the group existed and a few fans who will hold the candle until they pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    There's nothing to the relationship; there is none today; there was 40 years ago. For some fans, the flame burns. So be it if it helps them be happy. As Diana said, she might stop singing too someday just like she stopped being a part of the Supremes; as things have turned out, there will be no reunions, no Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, just a few acknowledgements the group existed and a few fans who will hold the candle until they pass on.
    No! Don't miss understand me. I am only speaking for myself when I say I don't care if they are friends now. I just don't like it when falsehoods are spread like they were never friends and were never close. Anyone still around Detroit that knew them back then will tell you differently. Diane even use to wear Mary's clothes to high school!

Diana Ross does not have to do another thing in this life and I'll be happy. Besides, Mary Wilson is the one carrying on the legacy and promoting it anyway. They should be held up there still with the Beatles and Elvis!

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Probably that same friend of Rob's who talks to diana on the phone once a year.
    Let's take a step back in time a moment when Mary stated in her book while her and Diana was having lunch and Mary said I feel we are closer than ever and Diana looked her right square between the eyes and said, "No Mary we are not." Sound like BFF to you ? Naw.... hell I wore a friend of mine's uniform in HS and have not seen him in 37 years and we even sung in a group together. Diana was closer to Flo than Mary if she was ever close to any Supreme. I am sure they loved each other back then as girlfriends do and even went to the same church at one time but, they never really partied together or stayed in touch with each other that much. Heck half the time Mary never knew Diana had changed her number and didn't tell her.

Now during the video of the Ross family waking up, what song was that playing in the background ? Was it Not Over you Yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Now during the video of the Ross family waking up, what song was that playing in the background ? Was it Not Over you Yet ?
    It was a dance remix of I LOVE YOU, the title song from her last cd. Not sure whether the remix is commercially available. This was the first time I've heard it.

topdiva1 Guest
    By her own admission Diana Ross has few real friends. I would say she is a self determined loner - and a Diva who made herself a Diva by keeping her eye on the prize.

She is not as rude as she once was - but - hell - she is old now - and likely cleansing her soul for the inevitable.

Still....she is a great performer in the way of an old school Diva.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    By her own admission Diana Ross has few real friends. I would say she is a self determined loner - and a Diva who made herself a Diva by keeping her eye on the prize.

She is not as rude as she once was - but - hell - she is old now - and likely cleansing her soul for the inevitable.

Still....she is a great performer in the way of an old school Diva.
    You need to cleanse your soul topdiva.

Read the book of James and you shall witness these words "Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working"

I shall pray for you at my bible study group tonight.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 02-27-2011 at 07:25 PM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    You need to cleanse your soul topdiva.
    On that happy note - let us get back to the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    It was a dance remix of I LOVE YOU, the title song from her last cd. Not sure whether the remix is commercially available. This was the first time I've heard it.
    Damn I was liking that ---- I need that.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Let's take a step back in time a moment when Mary stated in her book while her and Diana was having lunch and Mary said I feel we are closer than ever and Diana looked her right square between the eyes and said, "No Mary we are not." Sound like BFF to you ? Naw.... hell I wore a friend of mine's uniform in HS and have not seen him in 37 years and we even sung in a group together. Diana was closer to Flo than Mary if she was ever close to any Supreme. I am sure they loved each other back then as girlfriends do and even went to the same church at one time but, they never really partied together or stayed in touch with each other that much. Heck half the time Mary never knew Diana had changed her number and didn't tell her.
    Still! You don't even understand what you read or what you are saying. That incident occurred in 1971. It was to show how retarded, urrrr, I mean mercurial Diane's emotions and mental state can be. Why would she agree to stand as Mary Wilson's daughters' Godmother in church in 1975 and then again for her son Rafael in 1979? People talk about that $30,000 loan Diane made that Mary paid back with interest. That was in 1981-82 so you can pretend you don't know. There is a lot more that I can say about this subject, but this is enough for now to help you see where you are wrong.

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Still! You don't even understand what you read or what you are saying. That incident occurred in 1971. It was to show how retarded, urrrr, I mean mercurial Diane's emotions and mental state can be. Why would she agree to stand as Mary Wilson's daughters' Godmother in church in 1975 and then again for her son Rafael in 1979? People talk about that $30,000 loan Diane made that Mary paid back with interest. That was in 1981-82 so you can pretend you don't know. There is a lot more that I can say about this subject, but this is enough for now to help you see where you are wrong.

Marv
    Why do you call Diana Ross Diane marv2? Do you know Diana Ross?