[REMOVE ADS]

The Temptations - "When The Saints Go Marching In"

SHINDIG! Here is something I have not seen since watching it with my Mom and Dad way, way back in 1965! The Tempts close out the show with "When The Saint's Go Marching In"!

Somebody done opened up the doors at Shindig studios and let the church just walk right on in!

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Somebody done opened up the doors at Shindig studios and let the church just walk right on in!
    Lockhartgary! LOL!!!!

Nice clip, thanks Marv !

What I like with Shindig is that most of the songs were performed live (I hate lip-synching lol)

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Nice clip, thanks Marv !

What I like with Shindig is that most of the songs were performed live (I hate lip-synching lol)
    You're very welcome Phil. Same here in regards to the live music as opposed to lip-synching. I remember Shindig came on twice a week at one point because it was so popular.

I ordered the Complete Shindig Set from TV Museum and the quality is not that great. This looks like good quality. One of the Sindigs I watched last night had Clara Ward & the Ward Singers & talk about goin to Church, they did it. Prime time NetworkTV sure wouldn't have Christian singers leading that today.

Haaaaaa,wow i don't remember ever seeing that one,but there are certain songs i don't like to see the temps do..and this is one of em,it's just a personal thing with me!

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    I ordered the Complete Shindig Set from TV Museum and the quality is not that great. This looks like good quality. One of the Sindigs I watched last night had Clara Ward & the Ward Singers & talk about goin to Church, they did it. Prime time NetworkTV sure wouldn't have Christian singers leading that today.
    I ordered a complete SHINDIG! dvd set as well, from a different dealer. The video quality varies but since it probably won't ever be released officially, I'm happy with what I have.

That Clara Ward episode you mentioned is a great one. In her book, Darlene Love mentioned really enjoying that episode. Aside from the biggies like Tina and Marvin, I also enjoyed the appearances by Bessie Griffin and the Gospel Pearls and the Apollas.