[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 40 of 40
  1. #1

    Diana Ross to be on the cover of Ebony

    3/14/2019: AVAILABLE SOON! DIANA ROSS TO GRACE THE SPRING 2019 ISSUE Of EBONY MAGAZINE!!! The issue will include an exclusive interview with her in which she discusses fame, family, and finding true fulfillment. #DiamondDiana #DianasDynasty

  2. #2
    Great news! I don't think she's been on one since 1983.

  3. #3
    Heres a first look.

    https://www.ebony.com/entertainment/...ng-2019-issue/
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Roberta75; 03-14-2019 at 01:58 PM.

  4. #4
    I'll buy a copy, but I do wish they had commissioned a new portrait. Diana is the one Supreme who is still cover-ready!

  5. #5

  6. #6

  7. #7
    O. M. G. The sofa picture, right?? Thanks so much for this.

  8. #8
    Go Diana!!

  9. #9
    Ebony Magazine Files for Bankruptcy

    https://www.ebony.com/news/former-eb...cy-protection/

  10. #10
    ^ It says Former Publisher for EBONY and JET files for bankruptcy protection. EBONY is still gonna be around. It was expected though. They don't release many magazines as they used to.

    The first paragraph says this:

    EBONY Media Operations, LLC brands, which include EBONY magazine, EBONY.com, digital magazine JET at jetmag.com, and its related businesses, have viably operated independently of Johnson Publishing Company dba/ Fashion Fair Cosmetics (JPC) since Black-owned Ebony Media Operations, LLC (EMO) purchased the media assets of JPC in 2016. Black owned investment firm CVG Group LLC assisted in the formation of EMO.

  11. #11
    https://www.ebony.com/ebony-magazine/supreme-icon/

    Thereís an interview with Diana Ross there

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^ It says Former Publisher for EBONY and JET files for bankruptcy protection. EBONY is still gonna be around. It was expected though. They don't release many magazines as they used to.

    The first paragraph says this:

    EBONY Media Operations, LLC brands, which include EBONY magazine, EBONY.com, digital magazine JET at jetmag.com, and its related businesses, have viably operated independently of Johnson Publishing Company dba/ Fashion Fair Cosmetics (JPC) since Black-owned Ebony Media Operations, LLC (EMO) purchased the media assets of JPC in 2016. Black owned investment firm CVG Group LLC assisted in the formation of EMO.
    Sadly, I saw this coming a mile away. JPC has become notorious for not paying their writers.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Sadly, I saw this coming a mile away. JPC has become notorious for not paying their writers.
    Not surprised.

  14. #14
    Why doesn't Diana have some new portraits taken? She's been approving the same photos for years, and in the case of I LOVE YOU, used vintage stock.

  15. #15
    Beats me! I've no idea. Diana's been a recluse for 20 years. I wonder if she just got tired of the spotlight...

  16. #16
    She enjoys the spotlight but wants to have a life??

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    She enjoys the spotlight but wants to have a life??
    Maybe! IDK...lol

  18. #18
    I don't think this magazine is EVER coming out..

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    I don't think this magazine is EVER coming out..
    I'm hearing that they went out of business.

  20. #20
    I believe the date of issue is something like April 23 or 26

  21. #21
    the digital edition is already available but I like physical product..

  22. #22
    but now I'm going to get a copy of it digitally as well..

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    but now I'm going to get a copy of it digitally as well..
    Jimi: Check your SDF for a private message regarding this. Thanks.

  24. #24
    Paper magazines and paper newspapers going bye bye; stand and read on your phone waiting for the subway and the bus.

  25. #25
    Print magazines don't make money like they used to. It's not just EBONY.

  26. #26
    I just spoke to the person at Hudson News Company in Parsippany NJ who advises that they have not gotten the new issue in as of yet. Hudson News distributes magazines all over the east coast, to supermarkets, drug stores, department stores, railroad stations, airline terminals, etc. etc. She thinks that it might be out next week. To the best of her knowledge it will be released SOON. Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

  27. #27
    Has anyone obtained a print edition of this yet? I just wanted to refresh this thread so it doesn't get lost and forgotten. I have nothing new to report as of yet. I am working on it though. I asked a friend who lives in NYC and he has looked at several magazine outlets near his home there and he has not seen it on the newsstands yet.

  28. #28
    Star Wars Director, George Lucas and his wife, Mellody Hobson are going to try to save Ebony Magazine.

  29. #29

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Beats me! I've no idea. Diana's been a recluse for 20 years. I wonder if she just got tired of the spotlight...
    She is not a recluse. She just values her privacy. Diana is a very smart cookie who knows how to avoid the press when she wants to be left alone. There are ways and means.

  31. #31
    FYI. I just spoke to the Hudson News Company CSR and she told me that it has still not been received. They got an allotment notice a short while back but it has not come in yet. She suspects that it might be a printing problem and they are behind. She has promised to let me know as she has my phone number, etc. and she is very open to my calling her periodically to check on it. She commented this must be a great issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She is not a recluse. She just values her privacy. Diana is a very smart cookie who knows how to avoid the press when she wants to be left alone. There are ways and means.
    That is a better way of putting it...

  33. #33
    So will this be the last paper issue of Ebony? If it ever comes out?

  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    So will this be the last paper issue of Ebony? If it ever comes out?
    Has anyone obtained a paper issue of Ebony or even seen one anywhere?
    This is a disgrace to Miss Ross IMO.

  35. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Has anyone obtained a paper issue of Ebony or even seen one anywhere?
    This is a disgrace to Miss Ross IMO.
    I've seen the digital copy on Apple News+ but I haven't seen a paper copy yet.

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I've seen the digital copy on Apple News+ but I haven't seen a paper copy yet.
    I saw a paper copy of an ebony magazine at Calgary Library but I havenít seen this one

    But then, many magazines are now just digital

    Is this a special edition on Diana? In the magazine I saw, they seemed to be pushing a lot of special editions

  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    So will this be the last paper issue of Ebony? If it ever comes out?
    I guess that this issue will not go down in history as the last paper issue. It was supposed to be available on 4/16/19 but it seems as though it will never be issued in paper format. A shame. I give up trying to locate one.

  38. #38

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Ageless beauty!!

  40. #40

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.