So the conversation about HDH continuing to work with the Supremes got me to thinking. As I mentioned in the other thread, I would've thought some of the exiting Motowners would've been attracted to HDH's Hot Wax, and vice versa. I've started wondering over the last few years what Flo might have done over there. Of course in 1968/early 69 she was tied to ABC. And her post ABC life has been well documented and discussed ad nauseam. For this thread I'm not interested in what actually happened, only in what would you- as a Florence Ballard fan- might have liked to have heard from her had she not gotten caught up in her fight against Motown and instead focused on furthering her career.

I think Florence going to Stax might have made a very good fit. I always hear her whenever I hear Jean Knight's "Mr. Big Stuff".

Hot Wax might also have worked. Obviously reuniting HDH and Florence could've been a possible marketing angle. Maybe Flo doing some of the stuff Laura Lee did over there would have made for good music.

The mid 70s maybe Flo doing the type of stuff Gladys Knight and the Pips were doing, like "Best Thing That Ever Happened" and that type of sound.

Believe it or not, but I think Flo's voice would've been a great fit for the disco era. I could hear her doing some of First Choice's stuff or maybe doing stuff like Ruby Andrews' Genuine Ruby album. Harvey Fuqua produced Flo's Christmas leads, so maybe hooking them up during the disco era when Harvey was doing stuff for Sylvester might have done good.