[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have to say I liked it too and thought the criticism was a little unfair at the time. It had a cohesive sound, but perhaps very much of its time. I was young enough to be wearing ripped jeans at the time myself! My favourites were "Bottom Line" and "Goin' Through The Motions". I am encouraged now to check out the remixes and would like to see it get an expanded release too.
    Last edited by markdtiller; 02-27-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markdtiller View Post
    I have to say I liked it too and thought the criticism was a little unfair at the time. It had a cohesive sound, but perhaps very much of its time. I was young enough to be wearing ripped jeans at the time too. My favourites were "Bottom Line" and "Goin' Through The Motions". I am encouraged now to check out the remixes and would like to see it get an expanded release too.
    I was doing my ripped jeans thing at the time as well Mark and quite a while beyond if i'm being honest lol...
    The album received quite a few positive reviews here in the UK though i can see why fans who prefer Diana in full glamour mode may have been put off. Not a "One More Chance" in sight.
    In hindsight the album might have benefited had the production been a little more pop and a little less hip-hop, but that does not stop me enjoying it.
    I have always thought Nile an odd choice as producer considering what the concept of the album was. Jam and Lewis would have been better suited although Janet might not have agreed.